David Verity lives!

David Verity lives!

April 29th, 2012, 6:49 pm #1

I had cuphea David Verity in a pot last year, and it sat on the patio all winter. I pruned the dried branches down a month ago, and when I went to tip out the pot today, there were shoots coming up! This is a nice surprise,and these plants will probably be good candidates for overwintering under mulch/leaf bags.

Priya
Zone 7, Maryland

April 29th, 2012, 6:55 pm #2

Priya,

I receiveda ope of voluteer DV from Ward yesterday. He is zone 7, awfully so am I nw. Anyway, I think his we're seedlings, ur you'll ace o see what he sys. Great plant that you won't have to replace each year!!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

April 29th, 2012, 7:06 pm #3

I had cuphea David Verity in a pot last year, and it sat on the patio all winter. I pruned the dried branches down a month ago, and when I went to tip out the pot today, there were shoots coming up! This is a nice surprise,and these plants will probably be good candidates for overwintering under mulch/leaf bags.

Priya
Zone 7, Maryland
They were cuttings, crummy ones.

The answer is yes, David Verity is a perfect leaf bag plant and it has come back for me under that treatment in warm winters and in cold ones. This winter doesn't really count since quite a few of the unprotected ones also returned. In a pot is something special though.

Confirmation of reply: