Coral porterweed cuttings looking for good homes

Coral porterweed cuttings looking for good homes

May 24th, 2017, 3:45 pm #1

It has been very windy here the past few days and I didn't have enough 4' fiberglass rods staked to one on my coral porterweeds, so half the plant split off

windows screen capture

Rather than throw them out completely I took top cuttings so if anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll mail some cuttings to you. I have mostly green cuttings but I did take some semi-hardwood cuttings if you have a preference.

image hosting 15mb
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

May 24th, 2017, 4:23 pm #2

Reminds me I need to check those Salvia M cuttings.
Burke Baker
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
We are right next to Sandestin Resort between Destin and Panama City.

May 24th, 2017, 9:33 pm #3

It has been very windy here the past few days and I didn't have enough 4' fiberglass rods staked to one on my coral porterweeds, so half the plant split off

windows screen capture

Rather than throw them out completely I took top cuttings so if anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll mail some cuttings to you. I have mostly green cuttings but I did take some semi-hardwood cuttings if you have a preference.

image hosting 15mb
Tom, I would be interested. Thanks
Central Utah
Zone 6b

May 24th, 2017, 9:44 pm #4

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Hi Dylan, my email address is posted at my Login ID link.

With next Monday being a holiday if I can't get cuttings out tomorrow (Thursday), they may not get to anyone before next Tuesday.
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

May 24th, 2017, 9:55 pm #5

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Tom,

I would love to take some if we lived closer!

Madison, WI
Zone 5a

May 25th, 2017, 6:50 am #6

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Send me your info Kathi, they ship well and you have nothing to lose
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

May 25th, 2017, 5:00 pm #7

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Since it was not in bloom I thought I should at least post a picture in bloom. I have not taken any previous pictures of this particular plant in bloom but the picture below is from the same cultivar, in a different part of my yard.

photo hosting

photo share
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

May 31st, 2017, 11:33 pm #8

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Tom
I have sent you an email.
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

June 1st, 2017, 4:04 pm #9

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
You're the last Penny, all gone for now. I will have to cut back both the purples and pinks sometime this summer so I'll post again when I do.
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

June 3rd, 2017, 8:53 pm #10

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Thank you again Tom
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

June 15th, 2017, 2:11 am #11

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
DANG IT.....
Missed out
LOL
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/

June 19th, 2017, 5:05 pm #12

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Cathy, it's not too late but I have to warn you and the others I've sent pink/coral cuttings to that in my experience the pink/coral plants are much more fragile than the purple. I snapped this picture today of damage to another pink/coral late last week from winds during a thunderstorm

<a rel="nofollow"></a>

Having said that, I'll be cutting back both the pink and purple later this week. I cut all of them back hard at the beginning of March and they are already overtaking my back deck, just growing like weeds....

<a rel="nofollow"></a>

I have not seen a hummer since Mid-May when they migrated north and I won't see any again until late July to early August so it is time to trim these plants now. I'll be posting for those who want cuttings, probably this next weekend (6/24).

Tom M
St. Pete, FL

June 22nd, 2017, 1:13 pm #13

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
I would love some cuttings my email is below, sometimes
I do not get on here trying to get everything planted
in the gardens.
Most of my yard is amazingly protected from most winds
due to all the mature trees
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/

June 22nd, 2017, 7:53 pm #14

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Cathy, I don't do Facebook so I can't email you, my email address is listed at my login link.
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

June 24th, 2017, 12:41 am #15

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
I too would like some. I've been growing some from seed but they're taking forever, and I'm not sure if they're the purple or the coral anyway.