Coral porterweed cuttings looking for good homes

June 15th, 2017, 2:11 am #11

It has been very windy here the past few days and I didn't have enough 4' fiberglass rods staked to one on my coral porterweeds, so half the plant split off

windows screen capture

Rather than throw them out completely I took top cuttings so if anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll mail some cuttings to you. I have mostly green cuttings but I did take some semi-hardwood cuttings if you have a preference.

image hosting 15mb
DANG IT.....
Missed out
LOL
Last edited by Cathy P (Illinois) on June 15th, 2017, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/

June 19th, 2017, 5:05 pm #12

It has been very windy here the past few days and I didn't have enough 4' fiberglass rods staked to one on my coral porterweeds, so half the plant split off

windows screen capture

Rather than throw them out completely I took top cuttings so if anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll mail some cuttings to you. I have mostly green cuttings but I did take some semi-hardwood cuttings if you have a preference.

image hosting 15mb
Cathy, it's not too late but I have to warn you and the others I've sent pink/coral cuttings to that in my experience the pink/coral plants are much more fragile than the purple. I snapped this picture today of damage to another pink/coral late last week from winds during a thunderstorm

<a rel="nofollow"></a>

Having said that, I'll be cutting back both the pink and purple later this week. I cut all of them back hard at the beginning of March and they are already overtaking my back deck, just growing like weeds....

<a rel="nofollow"></a>

I have not seen a hummer since Mid-May when they migrated north and I won't see any again until late July to early August so it is time to trim these plants now. I'll be posting for those who want cuttings, probably this next weekend (6/24).

Tom M
St. Pete, FL

June 22nd, 2017, 1:13 pm #13

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
I would love some cuttings my email is below, sometimes
I do not get on here trying to get everything planted
in the gardens.
Most of my yard is amazingly protected from most winds
due to all the mature trees
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:

June 22nd, 2017, 7:53 pm #14

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Cathy, I don't do Facebook so I can't email you, my email address is listed at my login link.
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

June 24th, 2017, 12:41 am #15

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
I too would like some. I've been growing some from seed but they're taking forever, and I'm not sure if they're the purple or the coral anyway.

June 24th, 2017, 3:04 am #16

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Hi Tom
I will send ya an email in the morning, You made me panic
I thought my signature got messed up.....
my email address is actually above my facebook page link...lol
I would love some
I Sent my email weeeeeeeeee
Last edited by Cathy P (Illinois) on June 24th, 2017, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:

June 26th, 2017, 3:47 pm #17

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
I too would like some. I've been growing some from seed but they're taking forever, and I'm not sure if they're the purple or the coral anyway.

Lisa, drop me an email with your mailing info....
Last edited by Tom M on June 26th, 2017, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

July 9th, 2017, 2:58 am #18

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Tom - I received the porterweed today and have it in pots to root. The cuttings arrived in great shape. Thank you so much for your generosity.

July 9th, 2017, 1:00 pm #19

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
My pleasure Lisa, keep me posted on how they do.
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

July 9th, 2017, 1:59 pm #20

windows screen capture

image hosting 15mb
Tom
Mine too came in great shape after their short visit to
Cali...lol
Mine have not rooted yet and look okay, am I doing it wrong?
Should I have takin the younger shoots off to root, I just
stuck the whole stems as you sent them to me into water
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:

Confirmation of reply: