Chaz You have had

Chaz You have had

April 14th, 2007, 10:24 pm #1

golf clubs for a long time too and cant shoot par so how does having a motorcycle qualify you to address riding one properly. The article I pointed out clearly explains everything you address as correct -is incorrect and why. The article clearly points out countersteering isnt done "naturally" in panic situations and thus causes many avoidable accidents mostly by people like you who arent smart enough to learn something . Most turn the handlebars the way they want to turn and thus wreck ---your advice will help get someone killed --nice going !
Talk about super caveat emptor!!! who measured your IQ at 132 , some barkeeper.

Chazman
Chazman

April 14th, 2007, 11:32 pm #2

If you have golf clubs that you don't know how to use, you shoot bad golf, if you have a motorcycle you don't know how to ride, you die!

I had several motorcycles over a 15 year period, and my just being here proves I was an expert rider!

P.S. My response to the "counter steering" issue is that it DOESN'T have to be done to make a normal turn, gee can you comprehend "normal"??

P.P.S. I have counter steered my bike in potential accident situations, and I did it quite naturally without any thought about doing so. After you have ridden for awhile, it all comes naturally, especially the leaning part to make a turn.

P.S. No counter steering here, gee, how is that bike turning, when all the Bonars say it can't without countersteering??

sk410
sk410

April 15th, 2007, 3:13 am #3

in the school mentioned has a motorcycle fixed with a set of non working handle bars----- lean all you want -you wont turn, according to him ---- you seem to confuse balancing to stay on the bike with steering its direction - this isnt even up for interpretation ---science predicts it and experiment has proven it --
I guess a person in charge of teaching riders to survive at racing speed is another pin head also??
He does explain why pin heads like you always argue with him until he proves them wrong --thus the fake handlebars. Funny how ignorance really is bliss for some. Your posting of that picture to "prove" your point only shows your lack of understanding of the subject is complete.

April 15th, 2007, 5:11 am #4

The motorcycle in this picture clearly shows the rider leaning into the turn, and he isn't turning his handle bars to counter steer the bike.

Is that too hard to comprehend.

I just love it how someone, who obviously has never ridden a motorcycle is going to tell someone who did so for 15 years, what the mechanics of riding is all about, you Bonar Boneheads really are pips!

Now here is a an example of counter steering, which is only done in extreme turns, or to intentionally lay the bike down.

April 16th, 2007, 8:29 pm #5

as oposed to the first ???? how do you know which way to turn at a certain speed . unless you start each turn in exactly the same way??

David
David

April 17th, 2007, 1:16 pm #6

If you have golf clubs that you don't know how to use, you shoot bad golf, if you have a motorcycle you don't know how to ride, you die!

I had several motorcycles over a 15 year period, and my just being here proves I was an expert rider!

P.S. My response to the "counter steering" issue is that it DOESN'T have to be done to make a normal turn, gee can you comprehend "normal"??

P.P.S. I have counter steered my bike in potential accident situations, and I did it quite naturally without any thought about doing so. After you have ridden for awhile, it all comes naturally, especially the leaning part to make a turn.

P.S. No counter steering here, gee, how is that bike turning, when all the Bonars say it can't without countersteering??

In your pic the rider has shifted his weight to the inside of the turn by doing so he has in fact done some slight, very slight counter steering, based on my riding experience shifting weight to the inside of a turn sort of automatically induces a small amount of countersteering, but maybe that's just something us novice riders do naturally and not "forced to do" like you expert riders who have had motorcycles over 15 yrs which by the way does not qualify you as an expert rider....that's like saying just because I own a hand gun for 15 yrs I'm an expert shot...or maybe a better example is just because I own golf clubs for 15 yrs I am an expert golfer...I'm not in either case so unless you have credentials from several riding schools and are a trained instructor I'd venture to say you're not an expert rider and have probably been riding incorrectly for the past 15 yrs.

Chazman
Chazman

April 18th, 2007, 4:26 pm #7

Owning something for 15 yrs, doesn't equate to USING something for 15 years.

I would say if you went to the range and shot your gun on a regular basis, there is no way possible for you NOT to be proficient in it's use, that is unless you are a complete spastic!

Riding for 15 years, almost every day of the year, (weather permiting) in Chicago for 15 years, certainly makes one a proficient motorcycle rider, the only other alternative is the hospital or the morgue.

April 19th, 2007, 3:31 am #8

attitude by my competition is why I have won the state champ. 6 times ---- I hope they remain clueless !!
Shooting a shotgun is somewhat counterintuitive also. Im sure you will doubt that too!

Chazman
Chazman

April 20th, 2007, 1:40 am #9

That's for sure!

April 23rd, 2007, 4:34 pm #10

would you clarify. ?? Use smaller words.

April 24th, 2007, 5:35 am #11

<FONT SIZE=1>If you can't grasp that concept, I guess you are clueless.</FONT>

David
David

April 24th, 2007, 2:44 pm #12

Owning something for 15 yrs, doesn't equate to USING something for 15 years.

I would say if you went to the range and shot your gun on a regular basis, there is no way possible for you NOT to be proficient in it's use, that is unless you are a complete spastic!

Riding for 15 years, almost every day of the year, (weather permiting) in Chicago for 15 years, certainly makes one a proficient motorcycle rider, the only other alternative is the hospital or the morgue.
Well Mr. Chazman, let me use an analogy you might be able to relate to, you have been driving a car probably since the time of Henry Ford's model T guessing by your age and obvious defiance to common sense (In my experience, older people are much more stubborn and close minded than younger people, and by older I mean over 65 but you may be that special guy who's advanced beyond his years so to speak) Anyways, back to the car, your Model T, which you've used everyday for what, 80 yrs now? That's alot of driving experience but I don't think you'd be good enough to tell any Formula 1 driver how to win a race, much less drive a race car. That's the whole argument with motorcycles, just because you "think" you're proficient doesn't make you an authority on how to properly ride a motorcycle so by all means state your opinion but do not classify yourself as a qualified authority on the matter. Stick with what you know, such as donuts and coffee and parking tickets, stuff you cops know a lot about.

April 24th, 2007, 6:34 pm #13

know a lot about"

What's he matter Dave, the nasty policeman give you a traffic ticket recently, or did you just get out of the pen, where your celly was packing your fudge every night?

First off loud mouth, I was a Chicago Police Homicide Detective, not a donut eating uniformed officer.

Second of all, I think this dude knows something about riding a scooter, and being a proficient street rider has nothing to do with your asinine formula one analogy

BTW, next time you or yours is in harms way, call a gang banger, it's giant, sanctimonious A-holes like you that give the police a rotten opinion of the public.

April 24th, 2007, 7:40 pm #14

The public that I am a part of thinks very highly
of our policemen and we are proud of the job they do
on our behalf.

That doesn't mean we think you are an expert on
motorcycles.

David
David

April 24th, 2007, 7:57 pm #15

know a lot about"

What's he matter Dave, the nasty policeman give you a traffic ticket recently, or did you just get out of the pen, where your celly was packing your fudge every night?

First off loud mouth, I was a Chicago Police Homicide Detective, not a donut eating uniformed officer.

Second of all, I think this dude knows something about riding a scooter, and being a proficient street rider has nothing to do with your asinine formula one analogy

BTW, next time you or yours is in harms way, call a gang banger, it's giant, sanctimonious A-holes like you that give the police a rotten opinion of the public.
Lol, awwwww did I touch a sensitive nerve on the Chaz's small narrow minded brain? First off, if you can't take the heat stay outta the kitchen. Your picture proves nothing about being proficient, if anything else it proves my point that while you were at the bar drinking it up like a hell's angel wanna-be you should have been learning how to ride from experts. I never claimed to be an expert rider, I too am "proficient" but even my novice mind can grasp the concept of counter-steering as applied to turning a motorcycle whether at high speeds or low speeds.

Congrats on being a homo-cide Chicago Police Detective, I am sure you and your colleagues NEVER ate donuts or drank coffee. I do respect the law and I have several friends that are officers but they are not as stubborn and narrow minded as you. I have received several citations for speeding and deserved all of them and paid for them all with no complaints. To insinuate I disrespect the law or its officers is a very bold move, however, if I had to base my opinion of all officers of the law on my experience with you I'd have to say it would be a grave injustice to those who represent the uniform more kindly and friendly.

By the way, would you say a gang banger is more proficient at shooting their weapon versus that of a policeman? By your analogy a policeman on the force for 10 yrs and a gang banger with the same amount of years experience handling a weapon should both be equally "proficient" at shooting their weapons, but I would think the policemans training with and by experts would make them a better shot..do you agree? So would you say the gang banger is an authority on shooting a weapon versus that of the policeman? Your thoughts please, keep the personal attacks to a minimum if possible Have a nice day!

Confirmation of reply: