Buy One Get One Free....

Buy One Get One Free....

May 12th, 2012, 11:26 am #1

I was out shopping for shrubs to plant on a bare side of our house and came
across these two beautys. I couldn't decide which one I wanted but went with the pink (Goldmine).
When I got to the checkout the lady said, "These are buy one get one free" I didn't even hear her finish her words and was already back with the second one....it is a orange (Dropmore) I believe that is the names on the pot.

When I got home, I first said to myself, "where on earth will I plant these"...then in just minutes I had 3 hummers snacking on them. I was very pleased. Today I plant them where they are, Husband isn't very happy about me planting that close to the patio but it is mother's day weekend and I think I should have what I want....don't you?

I am planning to camp out there this weekend with my camera and I will get photos. Seems I never have my camera when they are feeding there. But I will get one if it takes all weekend.

Jodi
South Central Ohio

May 12th, 2012, 11:47 am #2

Jodi
YOU DID WELL! Honeysuckles in 1 qt. pots are going for $23.00 a piece here and no buy one get one.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

May 12th, 2012, 11:48 am #3

across these two beautys. I couldn't decide which one I wanted but went with the pink (Goldmine).
When I got to the checkout the lady said, "These are buy one get one free" I didn't even hear her finish her words and was already back with the second one....it is a orange (Dropmore) I believe that is the names on the pot.

When I got home, I first said to myself, "where on earth will I plant these"...then in just minutes I had 3 hummers snacking on them. I was very pleased. Today I plant them where they are, Husband isn't very happy about me planting that close to the patio but it is mother's day weekend and I think I should have what I want....don't you?

I am planning to camp out there this weekend with my camera and I will get photos. Seems I never have my camera when they are feeding there. But I will get one if it takes all weekend.

Jodi
South Central Ohio
What great finds. I am refraining from wanting to drive to south central Ohio for that size of beginning honeysuckle. Lucky you!

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

<span style="width:170px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>

May 12th, 2012, 1:49 pm #4

Jodi
South Central Ohio
No fair...but I'm happy for you!

It seems that many of you find some really great deals!

Linsey
MN
USDA hardiness zone 4b
Heat zone 5
Sunset zone 43

May 12th, 2012, 6:59 pm #5

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Jodi,

Did u mean Goldflame?? I saw gallon pit of Manderine for $35,you got a very good deal!! They RA bth excellent hummer plants, as you already found out! That manderine is still calling my name.....

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

May 12th, 2012, 9:00 pm #6

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Pam, you were right I did mean Goldflame

I went back to that store today since I got so excited about the honeysuckle I forgot the hanging basket I was getting my mother in law for Mother's Day and they were all sold out of the honeysuckle so I am glad I got mine when I did.

These were priced at $16.99, sounds like I did get a good deal.

I haven't planted them yet, that was on my chore list but haven't made it that far yet.

Jodi
South Central Ohio

May 13th, 2012, 4:37 am #7

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Jodi - Great find and purchase! I live for those sales! LOL!

~Becky~

<span style="width:164px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>

May 13th, 2012, 3:01 pm #8

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Good for you Jodi. Somebody has to give these poor homeless plants a place to live! That's what I say.
Dell

Confirmation of reply: