Beebalm Bloomed! Some pics

Beebalm Bloomed! Some pics

June 20th, 2011, 12:43 am #1

My Jacab Cline Beebalm just bloomed here are some pics. I have not seen a hummingbird feeding from them yet.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

June 20th, 2011, 12:51 am #2

Very nice Sean, Is that a honeysuckle vine on the shed?

Pam
Matawan,NJ 6B

June 20th, 2011, 1:11 am #3

My Jacab Cline Beebalm just bloomed here are some pics. I have not seen a hummingbird feeding from them yet.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Lovely pics Sean!
We have 'Raspberry Wine' Monarda which is on the verge of blooming any day now. It's a shame that by the time we have our 1st Fall migrating hummingbird (last year it was our Rufous on July 28th), the Monarda has completely gone through it's bloom cycle. It's a beautiful plant though and does bring other pollinators

Susan Louise
from Branford CT/ live in Lincoln NE
Zone 5

June 20th, 2011, 1:39 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Very nice-looking monarda and honeysuckle. My jacob cline and gardenview scarlet are opening their blooms now and should look like yours by next weekend.

Dan
Zone 5
East-central Iowa
Dan
East-central Iowa
Zone 5a

June 20th, 2011, 2:08 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Looks great my jacob cline and purple rooster are a week or to away if you deadhead them will they give you more blooms? Nice little honey hole you have by the shead. Erik S.E. Wisconsin

June 20th, 2011, 5:11 am #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
My beebalm is close to blooming but it is the shorter variety called grand marshall. Should be blooming this coming week.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

June 21st, 2011, 8:24 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
My monarda is probably about 3 weeks away from blooming...everything here is late this year.

SL, I wonder if you had a patch of monarda (or part of a patch, even) and kept cutting it back everytime it started to show buds, whether you might get a late bloom out of it? Some years, I cut about 1/3 of my patch back once, so that I get blooms over a longer period.

The last year or so, monarda hasn't been a big attractor here...guess there are too many salvias they like better.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

June 21st, 2011, 11:51 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
seen a female ruby throat on it today. She went to each beebalm flower and then took off and perched in my huge blue spruce. I was surprised she didn't touch the hot lips salvias and black and blue salvias that were right next to it.

June 22nd, 2011, 4:45 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
My 'Raspberry Wine' was moved last year as it was declining & it started blooming the last couple of days. I haven't seen much Hummer use on Monarda in the past but the Hummingbird Moths & Butterflies sure love it so it will stay in my yard. 'Jacob Kline' is short & behind but it's too shaded & also needs to be moved. Here's a pix of 'Raspberry Wine':

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5

June 22nd, 2011, 2:31 pm #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Beautiful pictures of one of my favorite plants!

Confirmation of reply: