Anybody watching Driver vs. Driver?

3:16 AM - Oct 10, 2018 #1

I watched the first version of this show a couple of years ago and have watched the first episode and part of the second this time around.  I seem to have a hard time following exactly what is going on.  What is your opinion of the show?

Herbert
Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right

2:28 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #2

Agree, a little hard to follow..so far I am not getting much out of the designs and more on the participants...imo, the judges aren't really that qualified, seem more interested in what they like which means nothing new...too old school, even Rick Shiels and he's a kid :) ..1st show, they kicked out the weirdest club head just because it was 'too out there'...well, I had a Power Pod driver back in '83 (still have the clubhead)...they need to loosen up! 

11:32 AM - Oct 12, 2018 #3

"out there" is exactly what they should be looking for. And why have some athlete as a judge? The guy has absolutely no clue what's going on. And then of course you have designers who don't even know what constitutes conforming in a driver. Guys are coming in with ideas that can't go forward because they're not conforming, like holes through the face. Jack Hamm did that years ago, but it's not legal.
   They should let the guys go and just design something not conforming and see what someone could come up with. Wings, antennas, no COR limit, whatever.

2:42 AM - Yesterday #4

I thought that episode 3 tonight was interesting.  3D printing titanium drivers is not something that I was aware was even possible.  I like the driver with the 'hood' that comes off so that it can be weighted internally that is pretty cool.  I think that the hood needs to have a rubber gasket to keep it from vibrating and a screw to lock it down so as long as it stays in one piece it will stay on the head.  The college student who did the figure 8 weight system looks like he has a bright future.  I am not sure that I would buy that particular setup though...  Maybe it would be better with several weights in the track.

LOL I have seen enough of Frank!  I have not had much luck with Wilson golf balls in the past which may be causing me to dislike the adds even more then I would normally.  Luckily I can fast forward but they are still a bit annoying.

Do any of the prototypes look appealing to you?

Herbert
Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right

Confirmation of reply: