Anna's hummingbird

Anna's hummingbird

February 13th, 2018, 6:15 pm #1

Here are a few pictures of Anna's hummingbirds taken last week on a walk near the marina at Morro Bay, California. It was challenging with trying to get images of them this year while on vacation. They are so fast and moved on before I could use my camera or were too far away in the distance. I was glad to see them, hoped for more, and satisfied with seeing lots of birds, elephant seals, otters, a few butterflies, some flowers, etc. The weather was great and a nice break from the winter in south central Pennsylvania.

Anna's hummingbird

Carol Trego
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania USA
Zone 6b

Carol Trego
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, USA
Zone 6b

February 14th, 2018, 3:09 am #2

Carol:

Really beautiful shots. Seeing those pictures brings back many California memories for me. Looking out at the frozen winter landscape here in Minnesota it is hard to believe that breeding season has begun for Anna's in California. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Donald
Donald
Red Wing MN
zone 4

February 14th, 2018, 6:25 am #3

Here are a few pictures of Anna's hummingbirds taken last week on a walk near the marina at Morro Bay, California. It was challenging with trying to get images of them this year while on vacation. They are so fast and moved on before I could use my camera or were too far away in the distance. I was glad to see them, hoped for more, and satisfied with seeing lots of birds, elephant seals, otters, a few butterflies, some flowers, etc. The weather was great and a nice break from the winter in south central Pennsylvania.

Anna's hummingbird

Carol Trego
Zone 6b
Very beautiful photos Carol. I love the detail on the last one and the brilliant gorget on the first one. People who live in places like California and Arizona just don't realize what it's like to only have hummingbirds here from May through early October.

Madison, WI
Zone 5a

February 14th, 2018, 4:43 pm #4

Anna's hummingbird

Carol Trego
Zone 6b
I would have loved to capture more images of the Anna's while in California. My friends were not as interested in hummers as me so time was limited because I was traveling with them. Hopefully in two months I'll see the first Ruby-Throated hummers in Pennsylvania. I usually see them when the Azaleas start to bloom in mid to late April.

Carol Trego
Zone 6b
Carol Trego
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, USA
Zone 6b

February 23rd, 2018, 12:46 am #5

Anna's hummingbird

Carol Trego
Zone 6b
I love the 1st one the best. Him sitting on top of that twiggy shrub really looks cool!

Can't wait until our Rubies & Black-chinned ones return in April.

Bonnie
From Denton, Texas USA
Zone 7-8
Weather today cold & rainy
42 degrees at 6:30pm (CST)
Bonnie

Denton, TX 76209