2010 Northern lights ( Blooms)

August 8th, 2010, 2:40 pm #1

Mmmmmmmmmm smells so good in the evening right now and should last another week.

French Canadian: the cherry red is not the true colour, it is more of a deep muted pink, very difficult to photograph truly in any light....

Axel Rose: green on green variegation and peachy toned flowers....

Exotica: a brute to root cuttings from but a graceful, floriferous bloomer that has flush after flush.

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

August 8th, 2010, 2:45 pm #2

lovely!!

August 8th, 2010, 11:34 pm #3

Mmmmmmmmmm smells so good in the evening right now and should last another week.

French Canadian: the cherry red is not the true colour, it is more of a deep muted pink, very difficult to photograph truly in any light....

Exotica: a brute to root cuttings from but a graceful, floriferous bloomer that has flush after flush.

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
Wow! I'm still a tendril freak...even tho French Canadian isn't as vivid as the photo makes her look, she'd be welcome in my garden any time! I love that flower form. Thanks for sharing, RA.

I have this year's first bloom nearly open on Northern Peaks...longest tendrils of any brug I've seen in person. The color is a nice soft pink in my climate...but with tendrils like that, I don't care what color it is!

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

August 9th, 2010, 2:53 am #4

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
I am so glad someone is getting flushes.............makes me hold out hope. Beautiful, RA, as always.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

August 9th, 2010, 1:16 pm #5

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
Thank you. Carrie,Flushes always seem slowed when the daytime but more importantly, the night time heat remains high I find. These buds seemed to take forever to develop and we have had warm nights here this summer too.
As you can see, the Versicolors LOVE the heat and Exotica has 3" long buds already towards Exotica's next flush. On the other hand, the one I never named that has Aurea in it is showing Spidermite damage in the crown I see, I better get after that if I want to see any more blooms from her. She is just starting a small flush today.

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

August 10th, 2010, 1:22 pm #6

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
Exoctica is one of my favorites that you have............I like her form and the way her blooms wrap around her..........my Dr. Seuss blooms for me in much the same fashion. Harlot does as well.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

August 11th, 2010, 12:56 pm #7

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
I like the vertical drop of the Versi blooms too, that being said I also like the Aurea, ( almost horizontal)outward facing blooms too.
Oh heck, I like any Brug bloom LOL!

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

August 11th, 2010, 1:36 pm #8

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
I am with you, RA, just bloom and I will enjoy...............

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

August 20th, 2010, 1:39 pm #9

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
They all have been back at it for 2-3 days, it was a very short time span with no blooms, maybe a week at the most.

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

August 21st, 2010, 3:58 pm #10

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech
Most of mine have dropped their buds before they open due to the excessive heat. The only real flushes have been from Dr. Seuss and Golfito ....both of these seem to be heat loving brugs.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

Confirmation of reply: