Niles
Sad, Sad Bastard
Niles
Sad, Sad Bastard

12:16 AM - Jul 04, 2015 #881

Well, I'm not so eager to judge that opinion really. As I'm not console player.
Yet I play FF XIV, fine on MMO in my opinion.
Scrapping the bottom of the barrel? What about all the remakes of older FFs? I just don't get it. Leave the judging until more details will be related, as so far there's been nothing but teaser trailer in CGI, looking just like Advent Children movie. Can't see any reason to call FF7 remake BAD. Except for those peoples who nonetheless consider FF7 to be a bad game no matter what.

Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard
Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard

8:08 PM - Jul 04, 2015 #882

I wouldn't say they're scraping the bottom just because of FFVII being remade. They've remade nearly every FF game before VII, and it's still the most popular game in the series. I'm honestly surprised they didn't do this sooner.

LGHunter
Sad, Sad Bastard
LGHunter
Sad, Sad Bastard

5:38 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #883

I must be the only person on the planet that didn't like Final Fantasy VII (or the Nolan Batman films). The fact that it's for PS4 only is another turn-off, much like the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3 game.

I WANTED KINGDOM HEARTS 3 FOR THE XBOX 360 DAMMIT!!!

*cough cough* sorry. I'm sore about that announcement. Oh, and that I have to have played EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DS GAME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN IT!! Grrrrrr....

Final Fantasy IV is one of my absolute favourite games, one that I've replayed several times, both the emulated SNES fantran and the DS/PC remake. Love them both. The DS/PC version still has a crappy translation (compared to the fantran), but it's good enough to keep me coming back. There's something about Kain...

Anyway, there haven't been many games that I wanted to play this year. But, you know, the whole not working thing is a spending deterrent as well. I need to complete merch for the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo first.

Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard
Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard

11:03 PM - Jul 06, 2015 #884

LGHunter,Jul 6 2015 wrote:I must be the only person on the planet that didn't like Final Fantasy VII
Never played it myself. Never was much of one for JRPGs

Niles
Sad, Sad Bastard
Niles
Sad, Sad Bastard

2:24 AM - Jul 07, 2015 #885

LGHunter,Jul 6 2015 wrote: I must be the only person on the planet that didn't like Final Fantasy VII.
I know at least one more person that shares opinion on FF7 with you, LGHunter. It's not me, as I overall enjoyed the story myself(but, of all things, I completely don't undertand the mechanics of the game, making me horrible at it and unable to normally proceed through story myself without hacks and stuff and whatsoever). But there's still people who consider the story to be dull and all, and I pretty much can see why.

I don't really care about the remake though. I guess it'll look fancy, but I do not own PS4, and never wanted one. All that interests me is hope that there'll be an in-game "collaboration event" in FF XIV, and so there might appear some of FF7 goodies, like Buster Sword or Valentine's guns or something else.

zarak
Rank of Some Significance
zarak
Rank of Some Significance

6:16 AM - Dec 05, 2015 #886

Rare just gave me 30 reasons to love the Xbone.

Anon Jaxun
Sad, Sad Bastard
Anon Jaxun
Sad, Sad Bastard

4:53 AM - Dec 11, 2015 #887

If you guys ain't playin' Undertale, you should be.