The God-Machine Files

Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard
Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard

4:48 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #1

Hello! I am planning on running a game in the new "God Machine Chronicles" for new World of Darkness.

These are using new rules that you can get the update for free here. http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... les-Update

I would recommend grabbing it even if you do not have the original rules these serve as a patch for. Since most of character creation is in the free update.

Now on to the important part, the story.

You are all police officers (and one agent of VASCU if we have enough players) from different cities in the U.S. when each city has a murder commited in the same way and according to forensics... at the same time. The departments want to treat it as 3 killers and handle it separately. But the media has learned about these killings and has been causing a lot of stress. To quiet the populace they have assigned a common taskforce to go solve this with an officer from each city. If we have 4 or more players there will be also a FBI overseer from VASCU as this is a possible serial killer.

What is happening, how is it that one person seems to be able to be in multiple places at once, how come none of the places seemed to be broken into? Why in his notes does he alternately refer to himself as a Key or a Cog?

This is just the first adventure of what will hopefully be a series of strange mysteries leading you to the truth of "The God Machine"

So... who is interested in playing?

EDIT: VaSCU is Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit. Think the X-files and you are not far off.
Last edited by Twib on 6:21 PM - Jun 02, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard
lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard

4:59 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #2

Im always up for it depending on day/time

Pixellated
Sad, Sad Bastard
Pixellated
Sad, Sad Bastard

5:12 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #3

I'm interested in the case that we have a time it can reliably go ahead each week, as well as a conclusion. I'd rather not start something and have it fizzle out.

Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard
Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard

5:14 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #4

Never played WoD, but I'll throw my name in.

Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard
Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard

5:21 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #5

Pixellated,Jun 2 2013 wrote: I'm interested in the case that we have a time it can reliably go ahead each week, as well as a conclusion. I'd rather not start something and have it fizzle out.
Well each "Episode" Is about 1-3 sessions so hopefully that won't happen :)

Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard
Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard

5:26 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #6

Kaempfer,Jun 2 2013 wrote: Never played WoD, but I'll throw my name in.
This is a Mortals game meaning you will not need to know much of the lore, since most humans do not acknowledge that things go bump in the night. Rule wise its a dicepool game. Most of what you need to know is in that pdf, the rest will be brought up in play and in the character generation session.

Speaking of which, what times are you all available and find Ideal?

Pixellated
Sad, Sad Bastard
Pixellated
Sad, Sad Bastard

5:32 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #7

Any night past 9pm. Any sooner and I risk not being around due to possibly working late.

Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard
Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard

7:00 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #8

Thursdays and Sundays would be the only days for me.

Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard
Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard

7:01 PM - Jun 02, 2013 #9

Kaempfer,Jun 2 2013 wrote: Thursdays and Sundays would be the only days for me.
well Sundays are out due to Vampire games

lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard
lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard

12:59 AM - Jun 03, 2013 #10

Thursday after 9 is good.