Sad, Sad Bastard

7:03 PM - Jul 17, 2012 #71

Can everyone make sunday?

Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard
Twib
Sad, Sad Bastard

7:07 PM - Jul 17, 2012 #72

lirlond,Jul 17 2012 wrote: Can everyone make sunday?
I do not work Sunday so I'll be fine, if I am not unconcious.

The Virus
Sad, Sad Bastard
The Virus
Sad, Sad Bastard

7:25 PM - Jul 17, 2012 #73

Look what the cat dragged in. Do you know what the Guard does to deserters? I'll have you hauled up in front of Gwendolyn for court martial, you dirty son of a weasel.

Pixellated
Sad, Sad Bastard
Pixellated
Sad, Sad Bastard

8:06 PM - Jul 17, 2012 #74

Aha. I'm in.

Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard
Kaempfer
Sad, Sad Bastard

4:30 AM - Jul 18, 2012 #75

Finally! I'll be there.

The Virus
Sad, Sad Bastard
The Virus
Sad, Sad Bastard

7:11 AM - Jul 25, 2012 #76

I think I figured out why the conflict mechanic feels off. During the RP bits, we're choosing our actions, conversing with NPCs, reacting to situations, deciding on plans and carrying them out, and it's very personally involved. In conflict, we just select one of a list of four, roll some dice, and the GM tells us what happened. Feels more hands-off, it's like a quick-time event where you push a button and watch as an animation plays out.

Maybe it's just as simple as doing our own descriptions of the actions we choose, instead of leaving all the flavour text to Lirlond. Might feel more involving, and with more imaginations at work, potentially lead to some novel events that Lirlond wouldn't have come up with alone.

Also, from my reading of the rules, I think we're supposed to have one Disposition score for the team, rather than individual scores. At least that way we don't end up with players getting knocked out and having nothing to do, but with fewer total "hit points", maybe we'd've got trounced sooner? But the rules also recommend splitting large parties like ours into multiple teams, and perhaps with two teams wailing on the Season's score, it would have redressed that balance. One way or the other, the conflict would have resolved much faster, because it did drag on. We chose groups of three actions over and over, while the sample conflict in the book, Lieam vs the snake, resolves in just two actions. Must be doing sump'in wrong.
Last edited by The Virus on 7:18 AM - Jul 25, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard
lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard

6:39 PM - Jul 25, 2012 #77

I thought it was one disposition score, but that didn't seem right, I dunno. Also you guys were really passive in the journey conflict hahaha, it only had 9 disposition!

The Virus
Sad, Sad Bastard
The Virus
Sad, Sad Bastard

7:26 PM - Jul 25, 2012 #78

True. I think because nobody had good pathfinding, so we were trying to use the action most appropriate to our skill. By the end we just went Attack Attack Attack and brute-forced our way through. But if that's the best strategy, where's the strategy? I'm still feeling the whole thing out, meself, hasn't clicked yet. But it's early days.

Also I forgot my storm-wise. I'm storm-wise, not remember-wise!

Oh, and fate/persona points. We should probably be more pro-active about spending those. They seem to get the job done, but nobody wants to spend them (or forgets they have them).
Last edited by The Virus on 7:28 PM - Jul 25, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard
lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard

8:45 PM - Jul 25, 2012 #79

They're dead cheap too, you get persona points for doing anything vaguely character orientated.

lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard
lirlond
Sad, Sad Bastard

4:38 PM - Aug 02, 2012 #80

Sunday? Sunday!