How to check if I have power to headlight ?

How to check if I have power to headlight ?

RazBarlow
RazBarlow

November 21st, 2007, 2:39 pm #1

How do I check the headlight to make sure it isn't burned out ? Also, how about power coming out of the lighting coil ? Which color wire is it ? I am having a problem that everything works besides the headlight . The previous owner ran it without a battery and I heard that is bad . I did have to replace the tailight bulb. But now it works, the horn works but the headlight doesn't work. I need to figure out what is wrong. If I unhook the battery and run the ped for a min and see if the tailight works, would that tell me if the lighting coil works ?
Thanks,
Raz

November 29th, 2007, 2:33 pm #2

Running without a battery is usually the cause of blowing the lights.To test the headlight,just cross the terminals thru the ohmmeter with the light unhooked.If the filament has continuity(light is good),ther ohmmeter needle will register.The needle won't move if the filament is bad,and i think it probably IS bad.
OR you can just hook a lantern battery(6V)to the light while unhooked from the bike,and it should show some light.
don-ohio

November 29th, 2007, 2:41 pm #3

.......on the Honda Express listed on this site,I believe.It will allow you to replace future bulbs very cheaply.
Just remember that the Express could comfortably not run over a 30 watt headlight bulb..I would personally run a 25 watt bulb after this mod. don-ohio

December 4th, 2007, 11:05 pm #4

I hope this is the link........try it.

http://mopedwizard.www1.50megs.com/expresspage.html

don-ohio (:^D