How to keep your man happy

Joined: November 26th, 2009, 8:09 pm

September 7th, 2015, 7:18 pm #1

This cute sister gives some good advice on how to keep your man happy.


Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

September 8th, 2015, 12:05 am #2

RULE # 1

NEVER TRY TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY.

It's not possible to keep a man happy.

And no one's job to do even if you could.

So any woman who goes there will suffer the consequences.
This is where I stand: The Universal Motherhood Must Be Awakened.

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 14th, 2010, 8:17 am

September 8th, 2015, 5:08 am #3

Cisslybee that's why you are single.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: August 27th, 2011, 2:04 pm

September 8th, 2015, 5:44 am #4

cisslybee2012 wrote:RULE # 1

NEVER TRY TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY.

It's not possible to keep a man happy.

And no one's job to do even if you could.

So any woman who goes there will suffer the consequences.
I agree, Ciss.

Each person is responsible for their own happiness.
"Speak less, Say more."
I feel no need to correct an idiot.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 30th, 2010, 7:59 pm

September 8th, 2015, 1:10 pm #5

VoiceofReason wrote:
cisslybee2012 wrote:RULE # 1

NEVER TRY TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY.

It's not possible to keep a man happy.

And no one's job to do even if you could.

So any woman who goes there will suffer the consequences.
I agree, Ciss.

Each person is responsible for their own happiness.
I agree as well
I have no more campaigns to run. I know because I won both of them.
#someblacklivesmattersomeblacklivesdont
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 9th, 2010, 4:24 am

September 8th, 2015, 1:41 pm #6

kennyinbmore wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
cisslybee2012 wrote:RULE # 1

NEVER TRY TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY.

It's not possible to keep a man happy.

And no one's job to do even if you could.

So any woman who goes there will suffer the consequences.
I agree, Ciss.

Each person is responsible for their own happiness.
I agree as well
I concur.
"It always seems impossible until its done." - The Honorable Nelson Mandela

"Life is too short to allow yourself to become trapped in one chapter. You learn what you can, you stand up and you move forward." - Cap's Mom
Quote
Like
Share

BGF
Joined: November 8th, 2011, 12:44 am

September 8th, 2015, 1:53 pm #7

She didn't say you're responsible for your man's happiness I thought she was tell us how a woman can contribute to his happiness.

But people hear and read what they want.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: August 27th, 2011, 2:04 pm

September 8th, 2015, 3:52 pm #8

BGF wrote:She didn't say you're responsible for your man's happiness I thought she was tell us how a woman can contribute to his happiness.

But people hear and read what they want.
I was going by the title of the Topic, BGF.

I think it's immature to think it's possible to generalize. If you've taken time to know your partner, you know how to put a smile on their face. Still, it's up to each individual whether they want to look at their relationship from a negative perspective or a positive one.

A person can do "everything right" in a relationship, and the person they are with can take it to mean they are trying to make up for screwing up. Baggage can really bring things down.

My relationship is nearly 27 years long. There's been a lot to work through but an important part was learning neither one of us is responsible for the other person's happiness. In addition to that, we made the decision that we are each responsible for being the best person we can be to each other.

Finally, with regard to this topic... How dare it even be titled How to keep your man happy? As if that's the only important thing - is a happy relationship the woman's job? No. Unfortunately, a lot of men and women think so. It's part of the reason their relationships turn out crappy.
"Speak less, Say more."
I feel no need to correct an idiot.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 16th, 2009, 5:24 pm

September 8th, 2015, 4:50 pm #9

VoiceofReason wrote:
BGF wrote:She didn't say you're responsible for your man's happiness I thought she was tell us how a woman can contribute to his happiness.

But people hear and read what they want.
I was going by the title of the Topic, BGF.

I think it's immature to think it's possible to generalize. If you've taken time to know your partner, you know how to put a smile on their face. Still, it's up to each individual whether they want to look at their relationship from a negative perspective or a positive one.

A person can do "everything right" in a relationship, and the person they are with can take it to mean they are trying to make up for screwing up. Baggage can really bring things down.

My relationship is nearly 27 years long. There's been a lot to work through but an important part was learning neither one of us is responsible for the other person's happiness. In addition to that, we made the decision that we are each responsible for being the best person we can be to each other.

Finally, with regard to this topic... How dare it even be titled How to keep your man happy? As if that's the only important thing - is a happy relationship the woman's job? No. Unfortunately, a lot of men and women think so. It's part of the reason their relationships turn out crappy.
VOR,

You're in my range..I'm going on 29 years, been with him for 32. People are amazed that we've been together so long, as if, marriages like ours, are from the past.

He's my friend, seems like before he's my hubby. We matured together, therefore we know each other very well.

He's never made it my responsibility to make him happy, to make sure he's healthy, to make sure he eats, he's a man, that's his job.

Will I do it, sure, however, he's never asked!

We are already planning our weekend. It's NFL time, and the kids/grands must go!

No babysitting, no cooking, no visitors (unless planned), no phone calls (unless you're a Cowboys fan) :D

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

September 8th, 2015, 5:03 pm #10

Mario wrote:Cisslybee that's why you are single.
Being single is paradise. :wub:
This is where I stand: The Universal Motherhood Must Be Awakened.

Quote
Like
Share