November 30th, 2010, 2:29 pm #11

Wow, thanks for the photo; now I know exactly what you mean. I'll try my hand at it.
Sorry, I don't do Launchy skins. From my limited experience with them, they look like a royal pain compared to Executor skins. Is there a reason that you use both Launchy and Executor?

November 30th, 2010, 3:35 pm #12

Here is the new skin:

You'll need to install the font (DOSEGA.ttf) that is zipped up with the skin in order to see it like the images above. I had a problem getting the edit and list/dropdown fonts to change to this DOSEGA font (or any other font for that matter). I don't know what's wrong. I did a search in this forum for it, but found nothing. Thoughts, anyone?
Download it here:
http://download388.mediafire.com/jp3mrn ... Window.zip

November 30th, 2010, 5:29 pm #13

Looks great. Can you restore the border???sorry to bother you with requests....

November 30th, 2010, 7:45 pm #14

Maxrunner wrote:Looks great. Can you restore the border???sorry to bother you with requests....
You neglected to tell me which skin you wanted the change done to, so I just picked one. They're completely different projects, so it'll take me a while to get it out. Stay tuned.

November 30th, 2010, 7:51 pm #15

Sooperburd wrote:
Maxrunner wrote:Looks great. Can you restore the border???sorry to bother you with requests....
You neglected to tell me which skin you wanted the change done to, so I just picked one. They're completely different projects, so it'll take me a while to get it out. Stay tuned.
Whoops, sorry...:S

December 1st, 2010, 8:41 am #16

I started playing with a wooden border on this because I thought the retro green screen doesn't deserve a sleek aluminum border. I like it! Here it is:

Download:
http://download905.mediafire.com/5zup8j ... Border.zip
...and here's the one with the aluminum border:

Download:
http://download793.mediafire.com/o1uqao ... Border.zip
As with the previous green screen skin, I included the required font to get things to look exactly as they do in my screenshots. In addition, I've kept the original fonts and colors in a separate skin (each folder actually contains 2 skins) so that you can have the green text or not. Here's what they look like:

Whew! Enjoy.

December 2nd, 2010, 6:32 am #17

Fantastic really. Thks

December 2nd, 2010, 7:22 am #18

You're welcome.
Oh, you never answered my question: Why is it that you use both Launchy and Executor?

December 2nd, 2010, 7:47 am #19

Well right now, launchy is a bit faster and uses less resources. Executor has a much wide range of options though, and interface wise is also superior to launchy. The thing is, Launchy is still very active and has big support which contrasts with the fact that executor is pretty dead regarding its development. which leads to the question, if you know when a new release of executor is coming, have you heard anything?

December 2nd, 2010, 8:53 am #20

I suppose I haven't noticed Executor's development slowing down. It seems like we get an update once every 8-12 months, which is decent considering it's being written by only 1 person. However, I would love it if it went open source!
I haven't heard anything about an upcoming release. A new release would make a great Christmas present.