User's Filters and Calc Access

User's Filters and Calc Access

March 8th, 2011, 6:42 pm #1

I have a question about setting up user's security with calculation access and filters. I am working with a Essbase 9.2 system and EAS security.

As an administrator, I can run "CALC ALL" without a problem. When I change identities to a user with filter access, however, I get an error:
"Unknown calculation type [0] during the dynamic calculation. Only default agg/formula/time balance operations are handled."

Should I not be mixing filters with calc access? Is there any way to determine which formula is causing the problem? I can't find a relevant log on the server. Is there a log file that would provide more information.

Thanks for your suggestions...

Marv

March 9th, 2011, 3:32 pm #2

I've seen the same message during retrieves, when a dynamically calculated member has a formula of just ";".

Do a Find in the outline, searching for ; with the Match Whole World Only option, searching in Formulas, and you should be able to find the offending member(s). Change their formulas to #Missing; and you should be OK.

Jared

March 9th, 2011, 7:34 pm #3

Thanks, Jared. I will take a look for formulas that are empty except for a ";"

What I don't understand is why it works fine with administrative access, but breaks with a filtered user. But I will take a look in the outline and let you know.

March 9th, 2011, 7:47 pm #4

I have a question about setting up user's security with calculation access and filters. I am working with a Essbase 9.2 system and EAS security.

As an administrator, I can run "CALC ALL" without a problem. When I change identities to a user with filter access, however, I get an error:
"Unknown calculation type [0] during the dynamic calculation. Only default agg/formula/time balance operations are handled."

Should I not be mixing filters with calc access? Is there any way to determine which formula is causing the problem? I can't find a relevant log on the server. Is there a log file that would provide more information.

Thanks for your suggestions...

Marv
I have seen that issue as well

We not only had to clear the formula with ";", but for the members which did not have any formulae defined, changed the property to "Never Share" and this helped us.

Hazari

Smriti Koul
Smriti Koul

July 31st, 2012, 1:36 pm #5

I've seen the same message during retrieves, when a dynamically calculated member has a formula of just ";".

Do a Find in the outline, searching for ; with the Match Whole World Only option, searching in Formulas, and you should be able to find the offending member(s). Change their formulas to #Missing; and you should be OK.

Jared
Thanks so much, I was going mad after this, saved me lot of time..

Cheers,
Smriti

Confirmation of reply: