Shared Services Native Directory Passwords

Shared Services Native Directory Passwords

Jacques
Jacques

July 4th, 2012, 11:11 am #1

Some of my users who are on the a/d cannot connect to essbase +/- 10% have this problem, and as a result native accounts were created.

my question is: is it possible to select certain users on shared services native directory to force them after a certain period time to change the password

if it is possible a brief set to follow will be great

thank you

July 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

The native accounts are pretty basic and do not support forced changes of passwords.

What is preventing setup of the +/- 10% of users? Do you not have an active directory where that set of users exist? Is this an attempt to allow a set of users which have a lot of MSAD's and are not in a common one access -- if this is the case you may wan to look at setting up an external LDAP or even OID and putting that set somewhere you can have a more robust directory.

Regards,

John A. Booth
http://www.metavero.com

Jacques
Jacques

July 6th, 2012, 5:50 am #3

Hi John
thanks for the update.
our company holds more than 23 000 staff, and the domain accounts are controlled by the IT department and we have 21 doimains and 1 main domain, shared services is used to run off the active directory- main domain, i have tried to compare two users who can authenticate to two users who cannot authenticate in shared services
the one property i found that is common in all 4 is that all 4 are members of the internetuser group.

is there are way to set up shared services to target the interenetuer group first and then the domain

alternatively, could i set up the shared services to scan the entire directory of domains (i.e. all 22) instead of listing each domain in shared services i know the concern is that if a user is linked to two domain and has different passwords shared services will not authenticate

Confirmation of reply: