Planning 9301 Refresh Error

Planning 9301 Refresh Error

PC
PC

April 3rd, 2008, 1:34 pm #1

Our Production job failed last night with the following error:

com.hyperion.planning.olap.EssbaseException: File [%s] cannot be created because it already exists. [%s] aborted (1070045)

any ideas on what causes that? The outline is NOT locked.

thanks

RB
RB

May 23rd, 2008, 3:56 am #2

Did you get a solution, if so I would like to find out as I also get this error.

Cheers - RB

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2012, 7:09 am #3

There are temp files under HYPERION_HOME/Essbase/app/appname/dbname that are causing the cache memory to go low thus failing the refresh.

The temp files are *.inn, *.pan, *.otn, *.otm, *.esn, and *.tcu

Solution

=== ODM Solution / Action Plan ===
1) Try to increase the JAVA heap memory size as described in the " Hyperion Installation and Configuration Troubleshooting Guide" at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E105 ... rtal_1.htm

2) If it is already set to the optimum level, then delete the following temp files from the HYPERION_HOME/Essbase/app/appname/dbname location:
*.inn, *.pan, *.otn, *.otm, *.esn, *.tcu

Restart the Planning services and try to refresh the DB . This will resolve the issue.

May 9th, 2012, 11:38 am #4

Those files are supposed to be temporary files that are the result of a restructure. If you see them, you likely also have exception .xcp files. I would want to find out when and why that restructure (dense), failed before I went any further down the path of changing cache settings.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Confirmation of reply: