Old School Essbase Add-In Install

Old School Essbase Add-In Install

August 7th, 2012, 11:40 pm #1

Anyone familiar with getting the Excel Add-In (version 9.2) installed on a drive other than C:?

We don't use SmartView. Excel Add-In has been working fine with default C:\Hyperion path. We are moving to a new corporate image (Win 7.0) and we are no longer allowed to write to the C: drive.

Have to install on D: Seems that the Excel Add-In doesn't like this. No error message, but nothing gets installed. Our client install exe is dated 8/29/2006.

I read Tim Tow's blog on installing the Add-In on Win 7.0, but after my install I get 1) No Essbase/bin director loaded 2) No environment variables. No ARBORPATH system variable gets set.

Anyone have a suggestion?? Is insisting on a C:\Hyperion install a "feature" of the Add-In circa 2006?

Thanks...Marv

August 8th, 2012, 7:19 pm #2

Hi,

During the install, on the first screen after accepting the Hyperion agreement, i remember it used to point to C:\Hyperion as its HOME folder. And i changed it to D:\Hyperion or E:\Hyperion. Can you not do that ?

Thanks,

Azmat Bhatti

August 9th, 2012, 9:11 pm #3

Azmat --
Thanks for the response. Yes I could change the directory, but the client install simply failed.

Turns out 9.2.1 client is not supported for Windows 7. If we upgrade to a 9.3 client we can
get a successful install. And the 9.3 client seems to work OK with 9.2.1 on the server.

August 9th, 2012, 9:11 pm #4

Hi,

During the install, on the first screen after accepting the Hyperion agreement, i remember it used to point to C:\Hyperion as its HOME folder. And i changed it to D:\Hyperion or E:\Hyperion. Can you not do that ?

Thanks,

Azmat Bhatti
Azmat --
Thanks for the response. Yes I could change the directory, but the client install simply failed.

Turns out 9.2.1 client is not supported for Windows 7. If we upgrade to a 9.3 client we can
get a successful install. And the 9.3 client seems to work OK with 9.2.1 on the server.

Confirmation of reply: