Mobile/Tablet apps for Essbase

Mobile/Tablet apps for Essbase

Richard
Richard

February 21st, 2013, 6:32 pm #1

Do we have any mobile/tablet applications were users can connect to "Essbase" cubes?

February 21st, 2013, 7:34 pm #2

The two that come to mind based on advertising are OBIEE and CXO Cockpit. I'm sure there are others.

sroux
sroux

February 21st, 2013, 8:02 pm #3

Do we have any mobile/tablet applications were users can connect to "Essbase" cubes?
arcplan, saxbi

February 21st, 2013, 10:13 pm #4

http://timtows-hyperion-blog.blogspot.c ... -ipad.html

Yeah, I'm like a broken record on this product. I am a big fan in case it wasn't obvious.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

February 22nd, 2013, 3:56 am #5

A company called Talvis developed software that lets users ask their iPhone or iPad a question and it queries Hyperion Essbase and verbally returns the answer. See for yourself at www.talvisllc.com/savant/

Tim Tow
Tim Tow

February 22nd, 2013, 4:14 am #6

http://timtows-hyperion-blog.blogspot.c ... -ipad.html

Yeah, I'm like a broken record on this product. I am a big fan in case it wasn't obvious.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour
Cameron,

Dodeca runs on mobile via Citrix; it is a good solution if you need the full power of a managed spreadsheet solution on a mobile device.

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Daniel Willis
Daniel Willis

February 22nd, 2013, 7:59 am #7

so is not limited to IOS? I'd be interested to know what tools support what platforms

PD
PD

February 22nd, 2013, 1:52 pm #8

The two that come to mind based on advertising are OBIEE and CXO Cockpit. I'm sure there are others.
I know that cockpit is a legitimate word, but why would anyone name a product cockpit?

Zoltan Grose
Zoltan Grose

February 25th, 2013, 9:23 pm #9

Not fully out of the gates due to limited demand, but we can do essbase backed charts into a mobile app with A3 Modeling. We can drop read-only grids as well.

What are you intending to do with the data on what is going to be a pretty small screen?

Tim Tow
Tim Tow

February 25th, 2013, 10:28 pm #10

The Dodeca/Citrix solution has been tested on Windows/Linux/MacOS/iOS(iPad and iPhone)/Android. We also have a wrapper for Dodeca to run natively on Mac OS.

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Confirmation of reply: