LCM 11.1.1.3 Planning migration

LCM 11.1.1.3 Planning migration

November 13th, 2009, 10:09 pm #1

I'm trying to migrate a classic OEPM 11.1.1.3 planning application from dev to prod using LCM. When executing the migration from dev the dimension files do not export any of the dimensions.

Has anyone successfully used LCM to migrate a classic planning application?

The 9.3.1 copyapp utility worked perfectly. Why did they have to get rid of it!

Anon
Anon

November 14th, 2009, 1:36 am #2

I've used it successfully many times, no issue with dimensions or any other artifacts.

Cameron Lackpour
Cameron Lackpour

November 14th, 2009, 2:31 pm #3

I'm trying to migrate a classic OEPM 11.1.1.3 planning application from dev to prod using LCM. When executing the migration from dev the dimension files do not export any of the dimensions.

Has anyone successfully used LCM to migrate a classic planning application?

The 9.3.1 copyapp utility worked perfectly. Why did they have to get rid of it!
1) Create a target app with the same name/same plan types
2) Create the dimensions (just the dimensions, no descendants) within that target app
3) Migrate away

I can't remember if the LCM docs explicitly say that the dimension stubs need to be created or not. Probably it does, else I wouldn't have figured it out.

Anyway, it works pretty nicely. The whole thing can be scripted if you want to automate the process.

Remember that Essbase data is *not* migrated with this release.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

November 16th, 2009, 3:25 pm #4

I've taken all the steps on the destination side. The problem is on the source side the migration tool doesn't export anything into the .XML files. For example if I look at the Account.xml file the only informaiton it contains is the entry for the top "Account". All of the dimensions are the same.

Have you used 11.1.1.3 successfully or is was it an earlier version?

Cameron Lackpour
Cameron Lackpour

November 16th, 2009, 8:24 pm #5

I just did this for a client. I had 11.1.1.1 on my laptop's VM -- I exported to the file system, copied it to a thumb drive, and imported into 11.1.1.3 on their production (scary, isn't it, but that's where I prototyped) Planning instance.

Have you tried a different Planning app? Just on the off chance that there's something funky in the app that doesn't work.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

rt
rt

May 23rd, 2012, 8:22 pm #6

1) Create a target app with the same name/same plan types
2) Create the dimensions (just the dimensions, no descendants) within that target app
3) Migrate away

I can't remember if the LCM docs explicitly say that the dimension stubs need to be created or not. Probably it does, else I wouldn't have figured it out.

Anyway, it works pretty nicely. The whole thing can be scripted if you want to automate the process.

Remember that Essbase data is *not* migrated with this release.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour
Do we have any ideas on how to script this process for LCM ?

May 23rd, 2012, 8:31 pm #7

http://caat.odtug.com/odtug_caat/caat_a ... _id=236264

This was Tony Scalese's presentation (his only one? I dunno) from Kscope11. You can download the presentation from the ODTUG web site. There may be other LCM presentations there. I believe Eric Helmer is presenting on LCM this year although I don't know if scripting is part of his session. All the more reason to come to San Antonio in a month.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

pieeater
pieeater

May 24th, 2012, 8:02 am #8

I've taken all the steps on the destination side. The problem is on the source side the migration tool doesn't export anything into the .XML files. For example if I look at the Account.xml file the only informaiton it contains is the entry for the top "Account". All of the dimensions are the same.

Have you used 11.1.1.3 successfully or is was it an earlier version?
The problem is permissions with the Windows user that runs the Hyperion services or permissions on the directory the files are wrote to. Get your Windows admin people to check it

Confirmation of reply: