Installing Essbase 11.1.1.3 on Windows 7 blog post *finally* posted

Installing Essbase 11.1.1.3 on Windows 7 blog post *finally* posted

Tim Tow
Tim Tow

January 8th, 2010, 9:21 pm #1

This may be my longest blog post ever.. The accompanying PDF file is something like 22 pages.

The topic is how to install Essbase 11.1.1.3, Shared Services, EAS, APS, Essbase Studio, Workspace, Calc Manager, etc on 64-bit Windows 7. I think a number of consultants, etc in the Essbase world may want to do that as the new generation of laptops comes out; Dell now has a quad-core, 16 Gb RAM laptop on the market.

Enjoy!

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Cameron Lackpour
Cameron Lackpour

January 9th, 2010, 10:50 pm #2

Tim,

Thanks for posting this. Now I can dump Vista into its well-deserved grave. :)

Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

automation
automation

January 10th, 2010, 9:58 am #3

This may be my longest blog post ever.. The accompanying PDF file is something like 22 pages.

The topic is how to install Essbase 11.1.1.3, Shared Services, EAS, APS, Essbase Studio, Workspace, Calc Manager, etc on 64-bit Windows 7. I think a number of consultants, etc in the Essbase world may want to do that as the new generation of laptops comes out; Dell now has a quad-core, 16 Gb RAM laptop on the market.

Enjoy!

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc
I just downloaded the install files for 11 and thought I'd check to see if anyone has done this install and found this. Thanks.

Indra
Indra

January 11th, 2010, 4:04 am #4

Enjoy!

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc
How glad i am to hear that.
Cameron, agree with you. I can start dumping vista. :D
However, is it only for Win7 64-bit?

Indra

Tim Tow
Tim Tow

January 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm #5

The blog post focuses on 64-bit Win7 but I did have my people test it on 32-bit Win7; there is one difference in where a registry entry must be made for it to work. I did not run through the steps on 32-bit myself.

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Indra
Indra

January 12th, 2010, 7:26 am #6

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the explanation.

Rgds,

Indra

Rahul
Rahul

May 14th, 2012, 9:53 am #7

Enjoy!

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc
Hi Tim,

I would like to know, whether it is possible to install essbase 11.1.1.3 on windows 7, if yes, how, please send me the detail installation proceedure document

if the answer is No-please let me know the reasons why we cannot install

Thank you so much

Regards,
Rahul

Tim Tow
Tim Tow

May 14th, 2012, 1:33 pm #8

Here is a blog post on installing Essbase 11.1.1.3 on Windows 7: http://timtows-hyperion-blog.blogspot.c ... ation.html. This blog post happens to be the most popular posting on my blog as it has been viewed nearly 37,000 times (wow!)

Unless you have some specific reason to install the 11.1.1.3 server, we found 11.1.2.1 to be much easier to install: http://timtows-hyperion-blog.blogspot.c ... notes.html.

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 14th, 2012, 6:53 pm #9

Hi Tim,

I would like to know, whether it is possible to install essbase 11.1.1.3 on windows 7, if yes, how, please send me the detail installation proceedure document

if the answer is No-please let me know the reasons why we cannot install

Thank you so much

Regards,
Rahul
So just go for it....

Confirmation of reply: