Excel Essbase VBA Commands

Excel Essbase VBA Commands

Tom
Tom

June 15th, 2011, 1:47 pm #1

Does anyone know where to find the documentation on the latest Essbase VBA commands for Excel. I currently have a book from Arbor - Essbase 4.0, I think. I thought it might in online help?

June 15th, 2011, 2:09 pm #2

The best way is to install the Excel add-in and then check the Spreadsheet toolkit documentation

You have it here as well http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E128 ... olkit.html

Tom
Tom

June 15th, 2011, 3:22 pm #3

I found that you can also get there by going to Essbase help when in Excel.

DNIce
DNIce

August 2nd, 2012, 3:37 pm #4

The best way is to install the Excel add-in and then check the Spreadsheet toolkit documentation

I am hoping this is the case with my panning hand all of a sudden disappearing in Excel 2010, I m in compatibility mode cuz I open excel sheet from 2003-2007 made on my XP Professional Ofc 2007. Can someone guide me through on how to retrieve the essbase VBA add in that is somehow now missing?

I wasn't sure what Macro was so I disabled it. I create large xl files & the panning hand was what helped me maneuver around without issue. I also did copy & paste from one Excel 2007 to 2010 sheet would this be factor that contributed to panning hand missing?

Please advise.
Standing by.
Thanks

August 2nd, 2012, 3:52 pm #5

I'm not clear on what the issue is.

Your Smart View ribbon disappeared from Excel?

DNIce
DNIce

August 2nd, 2012, 5:37 pm #6

I did customize my ribbon & added smart views, objects, charts etc. Just as processes of elimination thinking that could of been why panning hand is now missing. I clicked reset in customize ribbon window, hoping to reset ribbon to default. Maybe panning would reappear. Didn't work. I also uninstalled mouse & re-installed it, no change. Spoke to MS tech he uninstalled & re-install excel.....still the same, no change.
The panning hand located on the top of the vertical scroll. I use it so much in excel so I know its got to be retrievable just not sure how. & Why it disappeared in the first place.

Does the VBA properties have anything to do with panning hand missing? To see VBA properties I was told (see below)
From my excel worksheet,
press Alt + F11,
Next press Ctrl+G, -------(here my VBA shows... Scro1lArea Blank)
Type in (or copy here and paste): Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset, ----( unable to get this to do anythign)
Then press the Enter key.
Press Alt+Q to return to the worksheet,

This was to restore a mouse to it default settings, since I have not had any luck regarding panning hand I thought i'd try it, to no avail. I also didn't copy paste... Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset, in the correct place cuz it kept giving me an error.

DNice
DNice

August 2nd, 2012, 5:39 pm #7

Sorry about typo

DNice
DNice

August 2nd, 2012, 5:43 pm #8

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12825_01/epm ... olkit.html

I am missing panning hand in Excel 2010

I did customize my ribbon & added smart views, objects, charts etc. Just as processes of elimination thinking that could of been why panning hand is now missing. I clicked reset in customize ribbon window, hoping to reset ribbon to default. Maybe panning would reappear. Didn't work. I also uninstalled mouse & re-installed it, no change. Spoke to MS tech he uninstalled & re-install excel.....still the same, no change.
The panning hand located on the top of the vertical scroll. I use it so much in excel so I know its got to be retrievable just not sure how. & Why it disappeared in the first place.

Does the VBA properties have anything to do with panning hand missing? To see VBA proerties I was told (see below)
From my excel worksheet,
press Alt + F11,
Next press Ctrl+G,
Type in (or copy here and paste): Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset,
Then press the Enter key.
Press Alt+Q to return to the worksheet,

This was to restore a mouse to it default settings, since I have not had any luck regarding panning hand I thought i'd try it, to no avail. I also didn't copy paste... Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset, in the correct place cuz it kept giving me an error.

Will this link help me with panning hand?

August 2nd, 2012, 6:10 pm #9

Ok, I was thrown off by "Panning Hand".

I don't think this is a Smart View issue. Maybe you're in Object Select mode? I have Excel 2007, not Excel 2010, so this may not translate exactly, but try something like this:

Click "Find and Select" on the Home ribbon, then click "Select Objects" to toggle that setting back to normal.

DNice
DNice

August 2nd, 2012, 7:05 pm #10

Where on ribbon is find & select?

Confirmation of reply: