Essbase Studio exception

Essbase Studio exception

Jeff
Jeff

October 25th, 2011, 9:26 pm #1

I've been working on developing a cube in Essbase Studio 11.1.1.3. The cube deployed fine and the data is correct but for one drill through query I'm having issues.

With this query, I keep getting an error message ESSDTU : Caught unknown exception.

The only reference I've been able to find for this error message on the support website is for extremely large data sets being returned by drill through, but in this case the intersection should return only 5 rows of about 10 columns.

Is there a log file I could look at to see what is happening when the drill through occurs? Or has anyone encountered this error?

Jeff
Jeff

October 26th, 2011, 3:12 pm #2

Neither upping the Max Java Cache nor redeploying the application resolve the issue. I've submitted an SR on this.

GlennS
GlennS

October 26th, 2011, 6:16 pm #3

Did you test the Query in Studio itself providing values? Did it work? You might consider pulling the SQL and using your favorite SQL query tool try to run the generated SQL replacing the $$variable$$ with the correct values. you could also look at the Studio server log to see the generated SQL. I find the generated SQL to be fairly inefficient and prefer to rewrite it removing as many joins as I can

Jeff
Jeff

October 28th, 2011, 3:09 pm #4

I did test the query in Studio and did get back data values. I rewrote the standard generated query as it was not what I wanted. I needed to perform a left outer join and filtered out those records that came back with nothing in the one table.

Which logs should I be checking? All the ones I've found so far don't show an error which is what is making this so frustrating. The Essbase server and application logs as well as the Essbase Studio server.log file show no error. :-(

Other drill throughs are working ok. It's just the ones with the left outers that seem to barf. Unfortunately to get the record set I need, I need the join. I can't get around not having that join.

Confirmation of reply: