Essbase Filter Access Grant Error

Essbase Filter Access Grant Error

Archie
Archie

August 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm #1

Hi,

MAXL> grant filter X.X.Read to 'ABC';
ERROR - 1242021 - (1) Syntax error near ['Read'].

This is the error i get when I execute this command.

The filter "Read" does exist in the database and the group ABC also exists. Any ideas what can be the cause of the error? I executed a similar command for another filter of another database to be granted access to another group and that worked fine.

TimG
TimG

August 9th, 2012, 6:12 pm #2

Not 100% sure this is your problem, but 'read' is a reserved word in MaxL. So it might work if you enclose 'read' in quotes. Although I don't think I'd choose 'read' as the name of a filter anyway.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 10th, 2012, 9:18 am #3

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Maybe the problem is with Read....

Adam M
Adam M

August 10th, 2012, 12:52 pm #4

Hi,

MAXL> grant filter X.X.Read to 'ABC';
ERROR - 1242021 - (1) Syntax error near ['Read'].

This is the error i get when I execute this command.

The filter "Read" does exist in the database and the group ABC also exists. Any ideas what can be the cause of the error? I executed a similar command for another filter of another database to be granted access to another group and that worked fine.
READ is set in the filter not in the Grant.

Create or Replace Filter APPLICATION.DATABASE.'FILTERNAME' READ on '@IDESCENDANTS("MEMBERNAME")';

The grant statement looks like the following:

Grant Filter APPLICATION.DATABASE.'FILTERNAME' TO 'GROUPNAME';

Archie
Archie

August 10th, 2012, 2:24 pm #5

The filter name is "Read". This filter already exists in the database. If such a naming convention were not possible, then how did the filter get created in the first place?

TimG
TimG

August 10th, 2012, 4:14 pm #6

Hi Archie - so have you tried (note single quotes)...

grant filter X.X.'Read' to 'ABC';

Not the question you asked, but I would avoid using a reserved word as an object name whether you can make it work or not. Especially picking the name of a system-defined security role as the name of a filter.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 10th, 2012, 5:37 pm #7

Hi TimG,

I did try out your suggestion and it works :)

This filter name already exists though I have no idea how it worked the first time!

Thanks a lot!
Archie

Confirmation of reply: