Entering Data on Non-Base Member in Period

Entering Data on Non-Base Member in Period

Bee
Bee

December 19th, 2011, 7:06 pm #1

Hi,

I have several non-base member (Jan:Dec, BegBalance) that I would like users to enter data on web forms. When I include those non-base members in the web-form, it seems like the security is not allowing users to enter data. Other base-members are fine.

What do I need to do to allow users to enter data to non-base members?

Thank you,

Bee

December 19th, 2011, 7:54 pm #2

If so, you need to go to the Scenario dimension and open up the time periods for entry.

NB -- there's no filter that goes with this -- it's all in Planning forms.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Bee
Bee

December 19th, 2011, 9:42 pm #3

Hi Cameron,

Yes, it is in Planning - 11.1.2.1.
I only see the base 12 months members when I go into the Scenario members and edit to see the Start mo/yr and End mo/yr. Is there anywhere else that I need to check?

Let me check the Web Form settings again too..

Thank you!

Bee

December 19th, 2011, 9:56 pm #4

Ensure you are using IDESCENDENTS of YearTotal on your forms also. If you just cherry pick quarters or years it won't allow you to enter as what happens is the javascript spreads it directly to the months on the browser side rather than something being performed on server side.

Regards,

John A. Booth
http://www.metavero.com

Bee
Bee

December 19th, 2011, 11:29 pm #5

Hi John,

Thank you for the info. I have Lev0 members of the "Year", and I can enter data for them. Only for the custom members outside the Year is what I'm having problem with

Years
-Year
-Qtr1
-CustomMbr1
-CustomMbr2

The weird thing is that I can somehow enter data on some of the custom members, but the rest I can't.

Bee

December 20th, 2011, 7:12 pm #6

The have Half Year and Full Year members outside of the normal Jan->Dec range. If any of the months are closed, Half and Full are read-only. If Jan->Dec are open, then so are the custom members, otherwise they're shut off. It's weird but does sort of make sense although it is intensely annoying.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Confirmation of reply: