Drill-through help

Drill-through help

January 6th, 2017, 5:59 pm #1

We have drill-through capability in SmartView, which pulls data from our SQL environment, however I cannot figure out how the order of the result set is actually determined. More importantly, is there a way to determine the order of the rows that are retrieved? For example, if someone drills-through on a level 1 in the account dimension, how can I ensure that the resulting drill-through report shows transactions for level 0 accounts by alphabetical order?

Thank you for your help!

Pete
Pete

January 7th, 2017, 7:05 am #2

Hey Joanna,

you'll need to provide a bit more detail about the specifics of your drillthrough function. Drillthrough to transactions isn't really 'default' functionality - so there are many different variations of it including;

- essbase studio
- FDMEE
- drillbridge
- OBIEE
- other custom builds

specifically you're talking about the report formatting - so we'll need a lot more info to provide answers

Pete

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 12th, 2017, 9:12 pm #3

Pete, thanks so much for your input. To provide more color, we are building these drill-through reports in Studio. The drill-through report type is set to "Relational" with a connection to views/tables in SQL. (The Essbase cube itself gets deployed via Studio, using those same tables.) Each drill-through report is made up of several columns, like Account, Department, Vendor, Employee, etc. for each transaction. I wonder if there is any way to set the order of these results.
I appreciate your help. Please let me know what else I can provide to get closer to an answer.

Robert
Robert

January 13th, 2017, 6:57 pm #4

If you are using the custom SQL statements, your ORDER BY or whatever sorting command for your flavor of SQL should order the records however you define them. We only use the custom SQL drill-thru reports from Oracle data base, so we use ORDER BY to accomplish the desired sorting.

Confirmation of reply: