Data Load to Essbase via FDM

Data Load to Essbase via FDM

Kim Carew
Kim Carew

September 27th, 2011, 4:55 pm #1

Hi All,
I am having an issue that is becoming very frustrating. I have a user that needs to load data via FDM into a planning application. I have tried personally provisioning them as well as provisioning through a group. This user continues to get the "Error: Load script failed.Essbase API Procedure:[EsbPutObject]Threw code: 1051041 - 1051041-[Date][ServerName/ApplicationName/DatabaseName/UserName/Error(1051041)Insufficient privilege for this operation"

This user cannot successfully load data via FDM unless I provision them as an Admin. They are able to lock and send data via Excel, so I am at a loss as to why they cannot do so through FDM. I have provisioned them with server access, Interactive User, Planner, and Essbase Write Access.

We have even tried rebuilding the adapter in FDM, to no avail. I have other users that load data through FDM to a different application, and they have no trouble with this provisioning.

Anyone who can provide any assistance would be considered god-like to me. We are using Version 9.3.1

Thanks,
Kim

September 27th, 2011, 6:08 pm #2

Hi Kim,

The user that needs to be provisioned in essbase is the user specified in the adapter itself (Global Logon Information). That user is usually provisioned as admin in essbase, and is invisible to the FDM users.

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

Kim
Kim

September 27th, 2011, 7:19 pm #3

Rob,
The user has been assigned access in FDM, just as our other users that load data have been. The user that can load data to a different database is NOT an Essbase admin, nor do I want them to be. It seems to me that folks should be able to load to Essbase via FDM without needing Admin access. I have one user who can do this already. I'm trying to figure out why this user, in a different database, cannot.

September 27th, 2011, 7:32 pm #4

Please reread my post. It has nothing to do with your FDM users.

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2011, 7:41 pm #5

Okay, so you are saying there is provisioning within the adapter, but you are not suggesting that this person needs admin access to the application, correct?

September 27th, 2011, 7:52 pm #6

I'm saying (at least I'm trying to, sometimes what I write and what I think I write are vastly different :)
that the "user" specified in the adapter is the one that needs to be provisioned in Essbase to load data and use rules etc. Preferrably an admin "non person" machine account.

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm #7

No worries :-)

We're using "Unified" logon method rather than Global. We did find our Global logon is blank in the app that works. We tried that with this user, but to no avail.

September 27th, 2011, 8:45 pm #8

Do you have a specific user specified in the Machine Profile?

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

Kim
Kim

September 27th, 2011, 9:01 pm #9

We did, but we took that out. No luck. Also, we just found that "enable string load" was checked in the adapter that DOES work, but not in the adapter that doesn't. We're going to look into that....

September 27th, 2011, 11:09 pm #10

Do you have a specific user specified in the Machine Profile?

Regards,
Robb Salzmann
As you found out if you have a name in the machine profile it loads with those credentials -- when you are using unified as opposed to global you do want to remove those credentials.

Regards,

John A. Booth
http://www.metavero.com

Confirmation of reply: