Cube B

AccountRegion(dynamic calc)
Account1 (+) [cacl script : XREF(cubeA, Account1)]
Account5 (~)
Account6 (~)
Account7 (~)
Account8 (+)
Account9 (~)

The issue concern the member Account1 in Cube B that I want to calculate using XREF function

I tried many versions of calc script to force block creation but I am still not able to find the solution.

This is the last version that I tested :

FIX (dim4Member, dim5Member)

/* Time and Entity members*/
FIX(@ILSIBLINGS("M2") , @RELATIVE(EntitiesEurope,0) )

Account1(

Account1 = 0;
Account1 = #missing;

Account1 = @XRef (ADEV_ACT, Account1);

);

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

EssFun

EssFun
EssFun

March 15th, 2011, 1:31 pm #2

To clarify :

In Cube A :

AccountTest is parent of Account1,Account2, Account3 and Account4

In Cube B :

AccountRegionis parent of Account1, Account5, Account6, Account7, Account8, Account9

March 15th, 2011, 2:58 pm #3

If you're on 11.1.2, it might help with the block creation.

Otherwise you're in the block creation game.

I see that you aren't restricting the FIX by Scenario, Version, Year (I am guessing that this is Planning under the covers hence the dimensions). You could definitely reduce the scope of what you're trying to bring across.

What I typically do with this requirement is make the target member stored. Yes it can be done in Planning with a HSP_NOLINK UDA. See: http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296/me ... f+formulas

You have a bunch of choices at that point re block creation. Search this board for examples of SET CREATEBLOCKONEQ and SET CREATENONMISSINGBLKS. Watch out for that second one -- it works but is extraordinarily expensive because it evaluates every potential block.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 15th, 2011, 4:02 pm #4

Thank you Cameron.

I am on 9.3.1 essbase and not Planning.

Finally, the following version seems to be ok :

FIX(@ILSIBLINGS("M2"), @RELATIVE(EntitiesEurope,0), dim5Member)

FIX(Account1)

dim4Member = @XRef (ADEV_ACT, dim4Member);

ENDFIX

ENDFIX

EssFun

Aleck
Aleck

August 25th, 2011, 3:41 pm #5

If you're on 11.1.2, it might help with the block creation.

Otherwise you're in the block creation game.

I see that you aren't restricting the FIX by Scenario, Version, Year (I am guessing that this is Planning under the covers hence the dimensions). You could definitely reduce the scope of what you're trying to bring across.

What I typically do with this requirement is make the target member stored. Yes it can be done in Planning with a HSP_NOLINK UDA. See: http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296/me ... f+formulas

You have a bunch of choices at that point re block creation. Search this board for examples of SET CREATEBLOCKONEQ and SET CREATENONMISSINGBLKS. Watch out for that second one -- it works but is extraordinarily expensive because it evaluates every potential block.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour
Have been reading up on @XWRITE, CL - you've mentioned it a couple times, that’s all. BTW, great ideas for block creation and removal on your blog, Stupid Programming Tricks #6.
Enough ***-kissing… Trying to get @ XWRITE to work is proving to be another challenge.
Below is my simple calc
FIX(“FY11”,"Forecast","Sep","Baseline","C460")
"Expense" (
@XWRITE("Expense","_RevCube_","70022");
)
ENDFIX

Here is the error sputtering out… Error compiling formula for [Recruiting Expense] (line 5): operator expected after [@XWRITE]

We’re on 11.1.1.3, maybe it’s a version thing? Any thoughts or help is appreciated!

Cameron Lackpour
Cameron Lackpour

August 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm #6

>>Enough ***-kissing…
^^^LOL -- no one does that, not even my cat. Maybe especially my cat.

Check this link out:
http://www.mous.us/2010presentations/MO ... 11.1.2.pdf

You'll see that @XWRITE came out in 11.1.2.0. It's a good presentation by my former employer, although I will say that the picture of him dressed up as Axl Rose on page three is retina-searing. :)

I'm sure this is documented elsewhere, that's just the first relevant hit I got when I googled @XWRITE + 11.1.1.3.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Aleck
Aleck

August 25th, 2011, 4:08 pm #7

Thanks for responding - oh well - back to XREF'ing.

August 25th, 2011, 6:01 pm #8

>>Enough ***-kissing…
^^^LOL -- no one does that, not even my cat. Maybe especially my cat.

Check this link out:
http://www.mous.us/2010presentations/MO ... 11.1.2.pdf

You'll see that @XWRITE came out in 11.1.2.0. It's a good presentation by my former employer, although I will say that the picture of him dressed up as Axl Rose on page three is retina-searing. :)

I'm sure this is documented elsewhere, that's just the first relevant hit I got when I googled @XWRITE + 11.1.1.3.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour
Fortunately he's far enough removed from Essbase that he'll never see that. :)
Welcome to the Jungle.

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

Sam Shetty
Sam Shetty

September 6th, 2011, 4:13 pm #9

Have been reading up on @XWRITE, CL - you've mentioned it a couple times, that’s all. BTW, great ideas for block creation and removal on your blog, Stupid Programming Tricks #6.
Enough ***-kissing… Trying to get @ XWRITE to work is proving to be another challenge.
Below is my simple calc
FIX(“FY11”,"Forecast","Sep","Baseline","C460")
"Expense" (
@XWRITE("Expense","_RevCube_","70022");
)
ENDFIX

Here is the error sputtering out… Error compiling formula for [Recruiting Expense] (line 5): operator expected after [@XWRITE]

We’re on 11.1.1.3, maybe it’s a version thing? Any thoughts or help is appreciated!
What are your dimensions on source and Target?

Confirmation of reply: