Clear Dimension Security

Sun
Sun

June 20th, 2012, 3:52 pm #1

Hi,

We are on 11.1.2.1

I want to know how i can clear the entire dimension security?

Basically we have 12 dimensions and we have security implemented for 2 dimensions(depts and accnts).

Now we are going to do a complete security revamp and we are not going to use the old security groups...basically we will be deleting old security groups and will be creating new ones and we want to provide dimensional level access using those newly created groups.

Can any one help me to clear the entire security for a dimension?

Help is much appreciated.

Sun

GlennS
GlennS

June 20th, 2012, 7:22 pm #2

Perhaps using the planning utilities, you can export the security then clear it and reimport. I believe there are settings to clear before import.
You could also do something in LCM to do the same thing.

Sun
Sun

June 20th, 2012, 11:12 pm #3

Ys Gleen, right, we can use the SL_CLEARALL option, but i beleive it can be used only when i reimport the same group which assigns to the member in the dimension, it will not clear the entire dimension security...

also, i am going to use the new groups and i will be deleting the old groups, so i want to remove those links too... :-)

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 21st, 2012, 3:01 pm #4

SL_CLEARALL should clear all dimension security.

Something else you could do - disable security on the custom dimensions. Unfortunately, you can't do this for Scenario, Version or Entity, but it'll work for custom dimensions.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 21st, 2012, 3:02 pm #5

Security cannot be disabled for Account either . . .

Sun
Sun

June 22nd, 2012, 5:29 am #6

Thanks for all your replies....since i havent found any easy solution i fowwloed the below steps...

took essbase data backup
took hyp planing backup using LCM
deleted the members under account and depts
restored from the latest export backup without security
run the importsecurity utility with new groups and provisions

Now things are working finr, but am not very convinced with this approach.....dept and accnt i cent uncheck the security option.... :-)

any help is much appreciated.....

Confirmation of reply: