Automating the HP Map Application Refresh button

Automating the HP Map Application Refresh button

January 16th, 2017, 10:05 pm #1

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a way to automate the refresh button in the HP Map Reporting Application?

I am assuming that needs to be refreshed when the dimension are updated between the applications.

Thanks

Jimmy

Cameron Lackpour
Cameron Lackpour

January 16th, 2017, 10:37 pm #2

January 16th, 2017, 11:40 pm #3

Thanks Cameron

So I guess part of the Data Push a refresh is performed to ensure when the dimension has been updated.

Will give it a go.

Pete
Pete

January 17th, 2017, 12:01 am #4

Hey,

The short answer is no - at least, it appeared so when I tested it. The only way I could force it to update was manually from planning (if you read the comments on John's post, that's me asking the question).

YMMV - likely it's fixed in a patch somewhere.

Additional notes:
- it takes a really really long time to start when run from the command line (like 20-30 secs) - that's kinda frustrating.
- increasing the java memory settings appears to decrease that time, but you've still got a significant lag compared to running it from within planning
- The pushdata command line has a hardcoded local folder on it, so needs to be run from the planning server (or via psexec from another server)
- running them in parallel into ASO is risky, you can't select which load buffer it uses and you will get errors
- into BSO it uses load rules and randomly generated flat files so you can seemingly load in parallel. Not a lot of visibility though, so take caution
- in PBCS you can use smartpushes which are much much much better - but beware that they use the grid api to extract data rather than a data export so running for a big data set you'll get 'grid is too big' errors.

p

January 17th, 2017, 12:37 am #5

Thanks Pete.

I thought that might be the case. Frustrating when you are trying to automate things using Oracle's provided commands but it requires manual intervention in certain steps because are missing those functions.

Confirmation of reply: