The New Birds Nest

Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World
Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World

May 4th, 2018, 12:37 pm #1

Your Fear blows wind
---------------------------------------------------- Under My Wings---------------------------------
"HUH!"

A blow to the right side

"Huwa!"

A strike to the left side of the head

"AyeYA!"

End of the staff connecting to the sternum, a potentially fatal blow. Kaida had stolen a practice dummy from the barracks in the city and found this nice cathedral. She had decided to call this place her new home as the high rafters gave her a good area to make a small nest of the fallen drapery.

Her wings stretched out freely now that the rope that bound them was gone. Kaida had only learned a little about english and wanted to learn more than the evil tofu switching woman had taught her. The small japanese girl continued to hit the practice dummy and think about her past.

Kaida was a happy child once upon a time. Her father was her world and her mother her comfort. The black eyed girl was happy and laughed often, played with her birds and drew endlessly. At nights her mother would sing to her as she would comb out her long black plates and stroked her soft golden wings. In the mornings her father would kiss her on the forehead before leaving. When he returned in the afternoon he would play with her and draw. Kaida would never see her father doing his work at home as he felt that his home life should be full for his daughter.

But that all ended when Kaida was 9. Her world was killed at two simple darts laced with poison. Kaida hid and was scared, and this is when she found that she could manipulate the fears and emotions of others. The small mice that were once her friends were now her test subjects. She induced fear into them and watched them as they ran in circles slowly dying in their own mind. The 9 year old had lost herself to the darkness that the world had to offer.

And now Kaida was here, in the abandoned cathedral imagining the town people that killed her true happiness and joy. If she ever were ever to return to her home she would kill those people that killed her parents, she would make sure that they were like the mice, slowly going insane until death.
"She Manipulates" | She Flies | She Sheames
Translations:

OOC :

Raine Mythraven
Citizen of the World

May 4th, 2018, 6:32 pm #2

Raine could hear the sharp thwacks of a sand sack as she neared the abandoned cathedral. She lowered her head and crouched slightly, taking a defensive and stealthy stance. She felt her hands and the blades strapped to her thighs start to heat up with the anticipation she was feeling. She quickly suppressed the burning in her body, knowing that if she chose to use her flames, she might not make it back out alive, or stable.

Her eyes scanned the shabby doorway, a few feet away. She listened to the sounds coming from within, waiting for heavy breathing. Heavy breathing meant whoever was inside was tired out, and if she needed to fight, it would be a good time. She became impatient as the thwacks continued. Rounding up all her courage, she stepped around the doorway, holding her fists level with her cheek bones and feeling a surge of immense heat throughout her body.

She was taken aback as she stepped inside, however. The only other soul inside appeared to be around 11 or 12 years of age. She froze, taking in the young girl's frame. She admired her golden wings and her dark eyes held so much power. She automatically felt attached to the youngling, and decided that if the girl was willing, she would take her on all of her adventures and teach her all she knew.

Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World
Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World

May 4th, 2018, 6:57 pm #3

Your Fear blows wind
---------------------------------------------------- Under My Wings---------------------------------
Kaida felt a slight temperature change near her wings, and it wasn't the wind. She worled around her bow staff stopping about three inches from the womans face. The japanese girl narrowed her eyes so they where only black slivers. Who is this woman? How dare she sneak up on Kaida like so.

"Anatahadare? Anata wa dare ka no kunren ni muchu ni naru koto wa kenmeide wa nai nodesu ka? Anata wa anata no jinsei o ushinau kanōsei ga arimasu kami no josei"1 Kaida didn't move from her spot but looked around for others that could have followed her.

"Anata wa hitoridesu ka? Kore wa machibusedesu ka? Hakone ga anata o okutta nodesu ka?Na ndeshou?!2" The twelve year old began to yell paranoia filling her. Kaida choked it down and noticed the sword hanging from the woman's belt.

Quickly she spun the bow staff flipping it to hit the bottom of the sheath the sword sat in. The sword flew up spun and the hilt fell right into Kaida's now open hand. Kaida took a few steps back before lifting off into the air to a high rafter and peered down at the woman.

"Kaito!3" Kaida barked at the woman.
Translations:
1 ~ Who are you? Don't you know it smart to sneak up on someone training? You could lose your life rice haired woman
2 ~ Are you alone? Is this an ambush? Did the chief of Hakone send you? What do you want?!
3 ~ Answer!

OOC :

Raine Mythraven
Citizen of the World

May 4th, 2018, 7:22 pm #4

Raine emitted a low rumble from her throat that resembled a growl. That sword had been through a lot with her and she needed it back. She could feel heat rising in the pit of her stomach, the beginnings of anger. She forced her hands down to her side and swallowed down the heat. She decided to focus on the problem at hand.

She began analyzing the situation. She had only heard that language once before and she couldn't place what it was, let alone translate it. She took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts and beginning to voice them.

"Listen, I do not speak your language. I am in search of an empty place that I can claim. I did not realize you had set up camp here. I will leave if you return my sword." She kept her voice calm, but firm, showing her place of authority and that she was not intimidated. She spoke with confidence and kept her icy stare on the girl in the rafters. She reminded her of how hostile she was when she was that young.

Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World
Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World

May 4th, 2018, 7:33 pm #5

Your Fear blows wind
The japanese girl knew the word sword, well katana. She watched as the woman seemed to be trying to force down something that seemed to be stuck in her throat.

"I is Kaida! I has you katana!" Kaida proclaimed to the woman "Anata wa anata no Katana o gen-dōri ni shitaidesu ka?"1 Kaida mocked dancing along the rafters and swooping down keeping the sword just out of reach.
Translations:
1 ~Do you want your katana back?

OOC : Feel free to knife her down, just to see what she would do when attacked *evil grin*

Raine Mythraven
Citizen of the World

May 4th, 2018, 7:51 pm #6

Raine squinted her eyes shut, trying her hardest to keep the flames at bay. She could feel her palms getting sweaty, the heat rising. She swallowed hard, focusing on keeping her wits. But when she looked up at the young girl who was obviously not going to be cooperative, her flames weren't going to have it.

She doubled over and yelled as the flames surged up within her. When she stood back up, her hands were immediately covered in flames. There was burning determination behind her eyes that shot through her body to her hands. She was overcome with the burning sensation and she had to get rid of it. Before she knew it, the flames started at her legs and quickly started rising. She had to calm down before she got burned again.

Now there was fear in her eyes, it rose in the pit of her stomach and she felt it in the back of her throat. She realized she was straining herself and she couldn't calm down if she was forcing it. She pushed down the fear and up rose confidence. The confidence to overcome the flames. She took a deep breath, closing her ice blue eyes.

Air in, flames out. Air in... flames out. Her own voice echoed peacefully in her mind. She opened her eyes again and the flames faded. They shrunk back into nothing, and Raine placed her hand on her thigh, reaching for a dagger indiscreetly.

Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World
Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World

May 7th, 2018, 1:49 pm #7

Your Fear blows wind
Kaida saw the struggle in the woman and was slightly scared. If this woman was a Kaji iitsutae1 then Kaida didn't want to make her mad. Swooping back up to the rafters the small girl dropped the sword right at the woman's feet.

"Kaida is sorry" The small girl bent down on the rafter and watched the woman. What was her fear? For once Kaida did not want to know what the fear of someone was, expecially because this woman could be a Kaji iitsutae which could cause a problem. "You a kaji iitsutae?" she asked looking at the woman with wide eyes.
Translations:
1 ~Fire Whisperer

OOC :

Raine Mythraven
Citizen of the World

May 7th, 2018, 6:14 pm #8

Raine calmly looked up at the young girl after picking up her sword. She strapped it back up without looking and tried to decipher what the girl had called her. She couldn't make sense of anything the girl was saying, except her poor english. She decided to give something a try.

"Young one, I do not speak your language. I only speak English. I would like to teach you some if you want." She spoke slowly and clearly, making sure the girl got almost everything. This young girl was cute, and she wasn't helpless, which Raine admired. She had taken up her own duties and responsibilities. She was better off than Raine was at her age. She wasn't running from anything, she was charging life head on.

She waited to see recognition flash in the girls dark eyes, and then realized that with how dark and emotionless they seemed, there had to be some emotion inside, be it hatred, longing, sadness or fear. Raine wanted to see it, so she would find it. She would be as much of a guardian as she could for this girl, if she let her that is.

Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World
Kaida Sayua
Citizen of the World

May 7th, 2018, 6:25 pm #9

Your Fear blows wind
"Kaida can english." The small girl said crouching and then hopping off the rafter landing lightly, She pointed at the lady "Hinoon'na1 teach Kaida."

Kaida looked at the woman intensely her black eyes almost never conveyed her emotions being that they were all black. Her pupil was hard to find among the black sea that it lay in. The twelve year old took a step or two closer to look at the woman's face. It was a kind face, like Kaida's mother's face, round in the cheeks and narrow in the chin. The ice blue eyes were different from what Kaida had seen most of her life. Both of her parents had brown eyes, so eyes of color were interesting to her.

"You give Kaida you name." Kaida demanded hopping back quickly and crouching again to watch the woman's movements.
Translations:
1 ~Fire Woman

OOC :

Raine Mythraven
Citizen of the World

May 7th, 2018, 7:17 pm #10

Raine could tell the young girl was extremely cautious, and it made her sad, thinking of all she had to have gone through to be this skittish. She moved her hands from her blades, bringing them up to surrender. She wanted Kaida to know she wouldn't hurt her.

"My name is Raine. Like the weather." She smiled, keeping her voice calm and smooth, and her expressions peaceful. She started thinking about why her mother had named her Raine, and she could come up with no explanation. She wondered if it was raining the night she was born, or if there was something her mother never told her. It could even be that her mother just liked the name.

Raine didn't know, but she wanted to. Maybe this girl could open up a window, trigger some memories since she reminded her so much of herself. She wondered if she was meant to find this girl, but she had never believed in a greater being controlling all the creatures of the earth. She had gone through too much with no sign of anyone to help her, to believe in anything anymore. Maybe, just maybe, she could believe in Kaida.