Boosters and jets in rebuilt 4100

Boosters and jets in rebuilt 4100

February 28th, 2010, 11:26 pm #1

I have taken my 4100 apart before installation. The carb number is C5ZF-E and has the front booster marked with a very small 6 and a large CS ON IT. The secondary booster is marked with a very small 4 and a large A. The rear jets or secondary jets are # 58. I can not get the front ones out without stripping the brass. Does this sound like I have the correct set up.

Thanks

Greg

February 28th, 2010, 11:41 pm #2

...that CS primary booster but the A secondary should be correct. Also your 58F secondary jets are right. Being a 65 4 spd carb, it may have had 49's for the primary jets. I think the sticks were one jet larger than the automatics.

March 1st, 2010, 12:25 am #3

I just tore apart another 4100 and it is marked C5ZF-C and has the primary booster marked K and a reversed A on the underside when you turn it over and a C marked on the main body. The secondary is marked with a B and A on the underside and a C on the main body. Haven't checked the jets. Do the boosters match the carb. A while ago there was a post with some boosters, can't seem to find it. The first carburetor is the one I would like to use.

Greg

March 2nd, 2010, 1:50 pm #4

My 4100 # C5ZF-E has the primary marked CS and the secondary marked A. Is this correct for the application. Thanks for your time.

Greg

Roy Simkins
Roy Simkins

March 3rd, 2010, 8:31 am #5

I just tore apart another 4100 and it is marked C5ZF-C and has the primary booster marked K and a reversed A on the underside when you turn it over and a C marked on the main body. The secondary is marked with a B and A on the underside and a C on the main body. Haven't checked the jets. Do the boosters match the carb. A while ago there was a post with some boosters, can't seem to find it. The first carburetor is the one I would like to use.

Greg
A secondary booster marked "BA" would be correct for a 289 "Hi-Po" carburetor. Not sure what the original application was but the part number was B8AZ 9A523-L.

March 4th, 2010, 12:53 am #6

I have taken my 4100 apart before installation. The carb number is C5ZF-E and has the front booster marked with a very small 6 and a large CS ON IT. The secondary booster is marked with a very small 4 and a large A. The rear jets or secondary jets are # 58. I can not get the front ones out without stripping the brass. Does this sound like I have the correct set up.

Thanks

Greg
I can't find a listing for a CS Booster.

I did find a listing for an "S" booster C8AF-BB carb number.

Ed Jenkins

Ford Galaxie Club of America member #3350
1966 Galaxie 500 Convertible built in Chicago Illinois, will have a HIPO 390, 780 Holley, built C6, Crites Aluminum radiator, California rear floor pan, and a rust free frame from the south. Work continues.

Please visit and revisit the Carb Forum ahttp://network54.com/forum/88781
Last edited by Galaxie on March 4th, 2010, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2010, 4:42 am #7

Thanks Ed. I will take the booster out and examine the markings.

Greg

OldSkool
OldSkool

March 7th, 2010, 11:03 pm #8

Hello all, found this site through Boomyal, I was looking for more info on Autolite boosters. I looks like I already know pretty much what the rest of you know.

I can tell you though that a CS primary and a A secondary are correct for a C5ZF-L. I know this isn't listed in the ford shop manual, but it is documented and I own one with the CS and A. C5ZF-L started life as a C5ZF-E, but was used on premium-fueled 289 4V engines which combined road draft tubes (non-emission reduction) with manual transmissions. CS service part was the same as CF, so I assume the same or very simalar.

March 7th, 2010, 11:13 pm #9

I just installed a CS in my C5ZF-C. I was looking for a CF, I can stop looking now. Thanks for the info.

Duke
66 Sunbeam Tiger
Fort Leavenworth, KS

June 16th, 2010, 12:31 am #10

Thanks

Greg
Do you still have and want to sell the C5ZF-E carb?