Whatcha think?

by Argus Swift

Whatcha think?

Argus Swift
Hyper Member
Argus Swift
Hyper Member

25 Mar 2007, 21:13 #1

Say anything you like about The Origin to Build to, anything at all, good, bad, phillaharmonic, anything!

Feedback is needed and/or wanted, so please, give moar.

CJMErl
CJMErl

26 Mar 2007, 15:46 #2

Nice work on the new chapter, Swift. It feels so GOOD to see this project back up and running, and I hope to see moar Godotinstallments in the future!

Argus Swift
Hyper Member
Argus Swift
Hyper Member

26 Mar 2007, 15:56 #3

XD
My thanks, CJ.

Though I have an odd problem...
I don't know where to go now.. =/

Byte Man
Dedicated Member
Byte Man
Dedicated Member

06 Jun 2007, 16:59 #4

Well, ye better, because I finally got the chance to check this out, and now, you have a big fan!
NNID: ByteManNeo2 ...because my first one got stolen. Don't ask... please...

PS4 tag: Byte_Man555

Argus Swift
Hyper Member
Argus Swift
Hyper Member

06 Jun 2007, 19:37 #5

Sexcellent!

Danke, Byte, but in the time since I last posted...... I've made no progress. =/

Sorry dude, but I ain't got nothin' comin' for where to go next. *le sigh*

If you haven't read Snowcraft though, THAT'S a good read.

Fate
Posts 0
Fate

14 Jun 2007, 03:19 #6

So I finally read Chapter 9. Wow..let's see..

You want to know where you should go, well..beyond the obvious answers of it being up to you, to use your feelings, to go with your heart and all those answers..

How about something as simple as Argus (Or any of the main characters) giving tours of the station to various 'important' people. It'd be kind of funny to have Minion do it, because I'm sure he'd always get the question "Aren't you a little young?" and his response could be anything..I like to think of it as "Simply put, I am a genius." because it sounds awesome..

*Coughs* Carry on, Argus.

Lazlo the Unbannable
Posts 0
Lazlo the Unbannable

17 Sep 2007, 00:44 #7

/r/ moar.

Argus Swift
Hyper Member
Argus Swift
Hyper Member

17 Sep 2007, 03:32 #8

I can't think of a damn thing to update with.

I may restart OtBt, with a better title, and take out the chapters.

If I have chapters, I burn through story waaaaaayyyyyyy faster than I oughta. The way I wrote Snowcraft is the best way for me to add a best balance of story and length.

Lazlo the Unbannable
Posts 0
Lazlo the Unbannable

17 Sep 2007, 04:37 #9

The best way to write a story is to start at the begining and the end. That is, to write a few character descriptions, the setting, the problem, and then write a few short sentences of how you want that problem to be rectified. Then flesh out the insides a little bit with big milestones you want the characters to reach. Finally, start writing the story at the begining. Once finished, read, reread, and read again. Make sure the story makes sense. Read out loud. To others. Take notes on what they say should be changed. See if it fits. Go back to the begining, rewrite anything you think needs to be rewritten. Read again. Lather, rinse repeat, until you feel the story is done. Find an editor, let them read it, make some changes to sentence struction. Find a publisher, publish, and bask in the moolah.

Argus Swift
Hyper Member
Argus Swift
Hyper Member

17 Sep 2007, 05:18 #10

wut

While that sounds like it could work, I don't think it would for me.

Why? I have no fucking clue...