Talk About Your Job

General Discussion for things we don't specialize in. This is also a good place for news and things like that. If in doubt about where to post something, try here.

Talk About Your Job

Billy
Billy

04 Jul 2017, 18:59 #1

Where do you guys work? What do you do for employment?

I'm currently working software QA. Basically it means I go through websites or apps and try to break stuff or notice things that are out of place. Most of the bugs I log are stuff like "this isn't the right color", though.

Though lately I've been on-site at a place testing analytics, which involves checking network calls in the browser dev tools. It's slightly more interesting.

Still looking to put my BS in Software Development to use and actually get a dev job.

Argus Swift
Hyper Member
Argus Swift
Hyper Member

06 Jul 2017, 03:38 #2

I make money doing generi-manual-labour at a thrift store.
Still.
Was full-time, which made me miserable. Now I'm part-time, and muuuch happier for it.

Billy
Billy

06 Jul 2017, 13:40 #3

Sparks
Sparks

26 Jul 2017, 14:13 #4

Wow this place is a headache to look at now but eh.

I've been in the same job for five years. It's still my first job. I'm a receptionist in an alternative therapy clinic: chiropractic, homoeopathy, acupuncture, ear candling, reiki, massage, waxing, podiatry, you name it. I like my part-time hours, that I'm close to home, the free treatments for me and my family and heavily discounted beauty treatments and how much my boss has helped Chris with his immigration stuff, providing letters, references, paperwork and all sorts. I'd like to move on one day and go back to college and eventually go into business with my sister but for now I'm ok here.
USE PROPER GRAMMAR!

Jimmy
Jimmy

27 Jul 2017, 12:46 #5

Started a temp Admin job the other day, a lot of paperwork but it's been good so far.
<center></center>

Billy
Billy

30 Jul 2017, 07:13 #6

Admin Job? Is that IT?

Spin
Dedicated Member
Spin
Dedicated Member

15 Aug 2017, 19:42 #7

I work in IT for a housing association! It's my first non-retail job and I love it. It was originally a maternity cover position but I've been there 10 months now, and we're in the process of bringing on another company into the association so there's no end in sight. Permanence actually feels pretty likely at this point as we're having a restructure around March. Definitely my favourite job ever. My colleagues are great. Not to mention being the novelty American in a UK office is pretty fun.
I'm just here. Quietly. Judging you.

Judging.

Always judging.

"Judging" is fun to say. Especially with jazz hands.