Witness to disgraceful cheating

Witness to disgraceful cheating

February 22nd, 2005, 11:02 pm #1

Just seen Barry Jones get Colin Little sent off at Altrincham then for the rest of the game bait the crowd. I just hope the game was on video so that he can be reported to the FA and get a five match ban for cheating and being a total sh*te. Your team overall put up a good performance and probably deserved the draw but that one player let you down and you should let him know it.

PAUL.M
PAUL.M

February 22nd, 2005, 11:11 pm #2

YAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, UP UNTIL THAT WE WHERE 3-2 DOWN.
AND THAT SENDING OFF MAY OF CHANGED THE RESULT.

GREAT GAME FOR NICKY YOUNG 2 GOALS WELL DONE

February 22nd, 2005, 11:14 pm #3

Just seen Barry Jones get Colin Little sent off at Altrincham then for the rest of the game bait the crowd. I just hope the game was on video so that he can be reported to the FA and get a five match ban for cheating and being a total sh*te. Your team overall put up a good performance and probably deserved the draw but that one player let you down and you should let him know it.
Runcorn’s No. 6 knew exactly what he was doing, he knew Little had the beating of him any time he wanted and had to resort to underhand tactics to get somewhere near even with him. This kind of behaviour has no place in football at any level, if there is any justice, Little's ban will be rescinded and Runcorn’s "player" will take the 3 match ban, though I doubt it.....

Not a cheating footballer
Not a cheating footballer

February 22nd, 2005, 11:25 pm #4

Good to see Runcorn fans admit to their players disgraceful unprofessional behaviour.
there is no place in football for cheating, worse still he thought it was funny to goad the crowd !
hope the f.a intervene and charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.
And any official RunFCHal people take note
DISGUSTING !!!

PAUL.M
PAUL.M

February 22nd, 2005, 11:34 pm #5

WHEN JONES WENT DOWN HE WENT DOWN LIKE A TON OF BRICKS THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN BACK ON HIS FEET, HIS SHOULD OF ATLEAST STAYED DOWN FOR A BIT LONGER.

NO NEED FOR HIM TO START SQUARIENG UP THOUGH.

alty
alty

February 23rd, 2005, 7:51 am #6

apart from being a fat ugly scouser, the way barry the pie man reacte d to nothing is outrageous gross misconduct. he should be reported to the fa and colin little should have his red card removed. barry the scouse pie man is a disgrace to the human race

February 23rd, 2005, 8:20 am #7

that lets you down. Making gestures of shooting people isn't very nice either. Did he have the gun in his kit bag does anyone know?

February 23rd, 2005, 9:31 am #8

The result can't be changed. It's done with and it's history. However I would like to appeal to supporters and officials of Runcorn to come clean about the disgraceful behaviour of Barry Jones last night. I accept that results can go either way, but when players cheat like that, irrespective of the outcome of the game, it is an insult to the game of football. We will now be without a key player for three matches and this is totally undeserved. Please show the footballing world that you will not stand for this sort of behaviour and help us overturn this unjust suspension. Neither your club nor the game of football needs scum like Barry Jones.

I implore you as a club to do the right thing.

February 23rd, 2005, 11:05 am #9

As you are very high up now in Runcorn FC and have experienced the genuine help and support from Alty fans and Trust, I hope you will in return consider doing the right thing and influencing your club to inform the FA that last night your No6 goaded Colin Little who hasn't been booked all season and then feigned being head butted.

IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO ISN'T IT?

In using these tactics to gain a point for yourselves, your No6 has cost us Colin Little for 3 games which is an unfair legacy for your supportive neighbours to bear.

Don't know what the officials were on last night, our 2nd goal was a mile offside, your 1st goal came after a foul on val owen, Colin Little had his back to the liner so even if he did throw his head at the No6 how did the liner see contact had been made without x-ray vision? And then the liner asked for play to halt while the crowd stopped shouting at him!!!???

Good luck in your fight to save your club but please do the right thing.

Roger Cook
Roger Cook

February 23rd, 2005, 11:35 am #10

When did the good ship Alty become so self-righteous? I've had the misfortune to witness Altrincham's squad completing a lap of victory in WA14, whilst callously goading OAPs amongst the Runcorn support - many of whom I dare say, gave service to king and country during the Second World War. Furthermore; as I recall only four years ago a supporters match on the hallowed turf of Moss Lane was marred by the actions of one Altrincham miscreant, who ruthlessly spat in the face of one of his Runcorn counterparts (with zero provocation as I recall).

Confirmation of reply: