Exiled Fan
Exiled Fan

February 17th, 2005, 1:16 pm #1

Whats the Doc said?
What do the letters pages say?

Runcorn Traveller
Runcorn Traveller

February 17th, 2005, 2:08 pm #2

Pity you can,t read this weeks paper.Great letter from,presumerably a widnes fan.I think its one of the funniest letters I have ever read.One of his points is that with Runcorn playing at the Halton Staduim its making the pitch akin to a ploughed field.I can vouch for that when the rugby season starts there is a dramatic decrease in the standard of the playing surface.The headline of the report of the game, widnes against saints was "Stuck in the mud"Says it all.

Brindley Bridgewater
Brindley Bridgewater

February 17th, 2005, 5:52 pm #3

"One of his points is that with Runcorn playing at the Halton Staduim its making the pitch akin to a ploughed field."

And it's a point Everton Reserves agree with him on, which is why they left.

"The headline of the report of the game, widnes against saints was "Stuck in the mud"Says it all."

But that game was played at St. Helens.

Anyway, The Doc reckons your next game will be your last at Widnes' ground so I wouldn't worry too much about the playing surface.

Runcorn Traveller
Runcorn Traveller

February 17th, 2005, 8:07 pm #4

Glad you agree with me,1st rugby game of the season and knowsley rd is cut up,without Runcorn going near.The turf is bound to cut up with all those yard dogs sliding everywhere.Everton thought the playing area dangerous which will still be the ca

Brindley Bridgewater
Brindley Bridgewater

February 17th, 2005, 8:20 pm #5

Saints share with a team of about the same level as Runcorn FC Halton called St. Helens Town. No wonder rugby pitches get cut up with these pub teams playing on them. At least Widnes won't have that problem in a few weeks when you've got to either Pavillions or more likely Oblivions. Poor old Saints are stuck with their unwanted lodgers. At least they're playing in their own town I suppose. You can't say that.

Runcorn Traveller
Runcorn Traveller

February 17th, 2005, 9:09 pm #6

What league are St Helens Town in?If Everton reserves ever played at the stadium,god forbid,I suppose they would be blamed for any cut up.The pitch is now in prime condition,as you will see on Sunday,for how long,I suggest,5 or 6 games.You lot are in the same boat as Runcorn,you dont own anything.What will your attendance and sponsorship money be next season in the Northern Ford.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

February 17th, 2005, 11:24 pm #7

I am all for freedom of speech but there are more letters wishing us bad luck and saying its our own fault than support letters being published in the weekly news.

How is this going to help our plight exactly?

SteveP
SteveP

February 18th, 2005, 7:43 am #8

Dunno Ste - why don't you write a letter to them pointing that out? Maybe they just don't get many supportive letters to publish?

Cheers,

Steve.

Confirmation of reply: