What About Train To Fleetwood?

What About Train To Fleetwood?

FALLON
FALLON

September 27th, 2004, 1:47 pm #1

I am seriously considering going to Fleetwood on the train next week instead of by car. Train to Blackpool then tram up to Fleetwood! Just found out that a Saver Return from Widnes costs just £11.00 which is not bad at all I dont think. Here is the deal:

Leave Widnes at 11.09 to Warrington Central. 40mins to walk across to Bank Quay. Leave Bank Quay at 11.52 to Preston, change there and get to Blackpool at 13.00.

Coming home, leave Blackpool at 18.42 to Preston, change there and go to Warrington. 25 min walk across to Central station, and get back to Widnes at 20.49.

Anybody fancy joining us? Should be a good day out, plus having a few beers may make Fleetwood's ground more appealing!

Bagder
Bagder

September 27th, 2004, 2:03 pm #2

Doesn,t the tram take about 1,1/2 hours from Blackpool to Fleetwood, that is unless you are on the Rocket.

Daz
Daz

September 27th, 2004, 2:43 pm #3

If we go from Widnes to Oxford Road and change there for Blackpool

FALLON
FALLON

September 27th, 2004, 2:47 pm #4

Besides via Warrington wont be that bad. Have 40 mins to walk across in the morning and of the night, we could always stay in warrington in some bar for an hour or so. Also are you sure that it takes 1.5 hours from Blackpool to Fleetwood on the tram? If so, we will get the bus!

Badger
Badger

September 27th, 2004, 3:12 pm #5

Sorry I have just looked at the tram timetable, it appears to take 30 mins from North pier to Fleetwood port.

Chris Lightfoot's Pound Shop Army

September 27th, 2004, 10:21 pm #6

I am seriously considering going to Fleetwood on the train next week instead of by car. Train to Blackpool then tram up to Fleetwood! Just found out that a Saver Return from Widnes costs just £11.00 which is not bad at all I dont think. Here is the deal:

Leave Widnes at 11.09 to Warrington Central. 40mins to walk across to Bank Quay. Leave Bank Quay at 11.52 to Preston, change there and get to Blackpool at 13.00.

Coming home, leave Blackpool at 18.42 to Preston, change there and go to Warrington. 25 min walk across to Central station, and get back to Widnes at 20.49.

Anybody fancy joining us? Should be a good day out, plus having a few beers may make Fleetwood's ground more appealing!
Sounds good.I really want to go,but I don't fancy going on a journey like that on my own,due to the fact that my mates are going to watch other teams on Saturday.I'll consider it.

FALLON
FALLON

September 27th, 2004, 10:24 pm #7

You wouldn't be on your own. Come along. Meet us at the station. Bring beer!

September 27th, 2004, 10:46 pm #8

Yeah alright then.Sounds good.I'll meet you at Warrington Bank Quay station though,because it's easier for me.I'll be at the game tomorrow night,so I'll come and introduce myself Fallon.Will you be in your usual spot,doing the announcements?

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 28th, 2004, 7:09 am #9

Give me a clue,what game?

FALLON
FALLON

September 28th, 2004, 9:20 am #10

Confirmation of reply: