Well done to the supporters team

Well done to the supporters team

Tufty
Tufty

July 5th, 2009, 9:06 pm #1

If we didnt win it, it was always a case of wanting you to win it.
We were doing superb till the rain appeared!!! Went out on pens to Barnsley after having the deciding pen missed on two occasions.
Was a decent tournament, well organised and superb quality pitches, although I got the impression certain refs werent very fond of Utd! Also seemed to be a tad bit of favourtism towards the Preston team in your game.
Played in good spirits in the games I saw.

You should get a last minute entry into Worldnet, its a great tournament and easy anough to go there and back each day if you want to keep costs down.

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

July 5th, 2009, 9:27 pm #2

Went out on pens to Barnsley after having the deciding pen missed on two occasions.

I thought the linnets won it?

Daz law
Daz law

July 6th, 2009, 7:12 am #3

Firstly like to say big thank you tufty for helpping us out getting the 2 are lads to the tourement with one are cars broking down at the halton arms,

I thought us the supporters team were great team just shows how gud we are and can beat anyone on are day.

Its was great to play crewe alex in the final great all cheshire final . I am still on high from it .

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 6th, 2009, 8:35 am #4

We were discussing entering the worldnet next season yesterday and were trying to decide if its worth it but alot of people have high opinions of that tournament so its something we may look to raise funds for.

Barnsley were an odd team, we watched them get battered by Preston ( with the help of some dodgy ref descisions ) draw 0-0 with Tranmere who we beat 3-0, but then beat us 2-0, although we were already through and rested lots of players.

I am going to do a report of the day from what I can remember in the supporters team forum of the official website in the next day or so, feel free to have a read and share in our joy!

Tufty
Tufty

July 6th, 2009, 9:49 am #5

The key result was Crewe beating Preston on pens.
Seemed to be classed as the shock result of the tournament by most teams.
Didnt see any of the games on that far pitch.

Daz law
Daz law

July 6th, 2009, 12:48 pm #6

Behonest I had feeling us getting robbed against Preston B in the semi final like we did against there A team in the group stage . But truth it was a busy day yeasterday i didnt get chance to go watch other games as Quick u got to other pitch , you was back on . the day fly in all.

July 6th, 2009, 1:51 pm #7

I feel some of the refs didnt favour United....

.Im surprised there werent 15 mins of injury time to allow use to score..its amazing what happens when your not at Old trafford

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

July 8th, 2009, 11:57 am #8

Might be a good idea if some of the supporters team actually attended games.
Its all well and good them playing under the clubs name, but when only 3 players attend games, they cant actually be classed as supporters or a supporters team.
If all players attended, it would boost the clubs gates and revenue.
Traditionally the supporters team was made up of Runcorn FC Supporters.

Runcorn FC Supporters team was the pioneer of the supporters games and played games against other supporters long before anyone else.
Who can forget trips to Kettering or the old games at the Drill Field against Vics supporters, which often ended up with players in hospital!
The traditional fixture played each year at Canal Street for the Wilf Bettley trophy against Runcorn Police was something of tradition.
All played by genuine supporters who contributed to the club and drunk in the clubs social club.

This so called supporters team, is not a patch on the true supporters team of the past.

See you at a game sometime.

July 8th, 2009, 1:03 pm #9

End of the day jealous doesnt get you anywhere grow up lad

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

July 8th, 2009, 1:57 pm #10

Obvioulsy the anonymous posting is you, judging by the spelling mistakes.
Why would anyone be jealous?
A fair point was made about your lack of supporters in your team.
You use the "Supporters" name as part of your club name, yet arent "Supporters".
I have only seen two maybe three of your players at games.

Confirmation of reply: