I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

July 8th, 2009, 2:08 pm #11

The end of the day the lads are Supporters and trust members who i grow up with as kid apart for 1/2 players . , But the Supporters team not about going games is it really, The lads actually travel all over the northwest to help the club get on the map and also we have fundrasied which we made the club about 600 pounds on fund rasing since starting . Like most the Supporters there will not travel to witton to watch Runcorn Linnets until there come home .

Instead having a dig at the supporters team and The main club get from hiding behind your desk and help them out

But i guess your to scared to do that and to fucking lazy

thanks daz

Concerned fan
Concerned fan

July 8th, 2009, 3:03 pm #12

In what way does it put the club on the map?
Are more people coming through the gates as a result?
Are more sponsors interested in the club as a result?

NO!

However, if only half your squad attended a game, that would be another £60 per game on the takings, plus another 12 people on the overall gate.
That would be a contribution.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 8th, 2009, 7:14 pm #13

Firstly, if you want any repect from anyone, why not post with you name you so we know who we are talking too.

We all know that not all of the supporters team are regular fans, Ill tell you something else, Im not, why? Because I work away all week and getting to games is difficult, but im still a loyal fan, online every day, play the tote, trust member, vinnie braine fund etc etc.

What are you suggesting makes a " supporter "? A supporter doesnt neccessarily attend games every week, for many people that just isnt possible, but you can support the club in other ways.

I would guess that you rarely attend games or do any fundraising, easier to sit behind a computer and post shite about people who are trying to make a difference.

You mention the old supporters team, that was all well and good, but they played one or two games a season, we play around 28 games a season, its a completely different situation.

When we started the door was open ( infact it still is ) to any supporter, old or new, to come a play, a few tried it, John Urqhart, Art and a few others, but just couldnt committ to the team.

So we were left with a situation of the club having no supporters team because there wasnt 11 interested supporters, or have a team of local lads who want to play football and represent the club in their own little way.

To be honest I, Daz or any real supporter of Runcorn Linnets doesnt give a fuck what you think, just look how many congratulatory messages we have got on the official forum, the club have welcomed us with open arms after we worked very hard to build bridges, the club were sceptical for a long time untill they saw how successful we are and how much money we raised for the club along side running the team.

See you at a game sometime.

July 8th, 2009, 9:14 pm #14

again its the trust member/non trust member issue

Tufty
Tufty

July 9th, 2009, 10:48 am #15

Daz/Ste, looks like they need one more team to make up the numbers.
You should really give it some thought, as much bigger than other tournaments and more of a UK based event (Although Lens have a team in it and there is a Nigerian based Arsenal team in it). Most clubs exchange pennants or a scarf, so a good way to get teams name about.

The Old supporters team should enter a team in the vets competition (Over 30's to qualify).

Tufty
Tufty

July 9th, 2009, 12:40 pm #16

"Despite competition from FA Premiership fans", as if that makes the winning any harder! Its the fans that are playing, not the real teams!

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 9th, 2009, 2:59 pm #17

We have left it too late this year, we are now on a much needed break after playing almost every Sunday since September, the supporters team WAGS were getting very fed up!

But I think we are going to fund raise throught next season and enter next years worldnet.

Daz law
Daz law

July 10th, 2009, 7:26 am #18

Tufty

I have to say the same as biggey, If the we dont have break i will end up with lads coming to training injury as the wags get them goodhiding Lol. Next year we will consider it as we have 2 tournement to go to next already .

cheers

Urkey
Urkey

July 11th, 2009, 11:59 am #19

Belated congratulations to the team daz and ste.
Truth of the matter, is that if any of the current supporters wanted to play for the supporters team they could just show up to training. I may well show up one day for a kick about

daz law
daz law

July 11th, 2009, 3:40 pm #20

Cheers urky mate. Jon you can come anytime mate , your welcome anytime

Confirmation of reply: