Untitled

Untitled

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 28th, 2010, 8:44 pm #1

Twenty odd players on the squad page, a reserve team and they can't put out 11 on a saturday!!!!!

Andy c
Andy c

July 28th, 2010, 9:05 pm #2

Tell me more what happening now

concerned fan
concerned fan

July 28th, 2010, 9:23 pm #3

Can't even field a team at the weekend, so game is off.
So much for reserve players and trialists.
Doesn't bode well for the season.
Doesn't do much for the clubs image, Chorley will stay clear in future.

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 28th, 2010, 10:40 pm #4

read the response from Bucko on the official page before spouting ****e on here

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 29th, 2010, 9:15 am #5

Sorry, cant see any response from Bucko on the official site.

Given the club now has a reserve side etc, surely 15 players can be raised for a game?

What next, caling off league games?

not Bucko
not Bucko

July 29th, 2010, 9:34 am #6

Twenty odd players on the squad page, a reserve team and they can't put out 11 on a saturday!!!!!
Bucko
Barmy Army Communications Officer

520 Posts
Posted - 28 Jul 2010 : 13:53:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We considered that sending a team made up of predominantly reserves to Chorley may have been a step too far at this early stage in their development. Chorley are an Evo Stik League outfit with a strong squad this season, we felt it would be better to instead have the Reserves training together with the remaining First Team members, thus enabling them to further get to know each other. This will hopefully make it easier for reserve players to make the step up as and when it happens, and hopefully serve as a morale booster for all the players.

The Youth team are also going to be involved in this "behind closed doors" session, it will also serve as a good exercise for the teams adminstrators to fill in various forms, and for the managers and assistants to have a look at and chat about all the players across the three teams.

The reserves have tbeen training with the firsts when they can, however it is not always possible due to the differing match schedules, this was considered an opportunity to get everyone together.

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 29th, 2010, 9:44 am #7

Its a valid reason as you wouldndt send out untested erserves against a side like Chorley as there is absolutely zero to acheive from that. The club is much better having a game against each other to see the options avaialble.

Tony
Tony

July 29th, 2010, 9:51 am #8

Bucko

520 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We considered that sending a team made up of predominantly reserves to Chorley may have been a step too far at this early stage in their development. Chorley are an Evo Stik League outfit with a strong squad this season, we felt it would be better to instead have the Reserves training together with the remaining First Team members, thus enabling them to further get to know each other. This will hopefully make it easier for reserve players to make the step up as and when it happens, and hopefully serve as a morale booster for all the players.

The Youth team are also going to be involved in this "behind closed doors" session, it will also serve as a good exercise for the teams adminstrators to fill in various forms, and for the managers and assistants to have a look at and chat about all the players across the three teams.

The reserves have tbeen training with the firsts when they can, however it is not always possible due to the differing match schedules, this was considered an opportunity to get everyone together.
It would have been a bigger boost the the reserve lads, if they went out against Chorley with the few remaining first teamers. Now they will see that message and think they are not considered good enough.
Given recent results, they couldnt do any worse than the first team.

Everyone could have got together at Chorley and benefited more from a matchday outing and ritual.

What happens if an injury crisis occurs early doors in the season? The reserves wont be considered good enough and more players will simply sign on.
The reserve structure is meant to stop the refvolving door policy that has been the norm over the last few seasons, the way its going we will have a bigger turnover than Shell Oil!

We now will have teams wanting to stay clear of playing friendlies against us, as they will see that we cant fulfill promises.

Why do posts such as that get hidden away in a forum, rather than on the clubs homepage?

Its going to be a long hard season, with relegation a bigger possibility than promotion. I just hope we dont pass Runcorn Town as we go down and they go up.

Daz law
Daz law

July 29th, 2010, 9:53 am #9

Bucko

520 Posts

I feel sorry for Bucko as taking the crap and only board member to come forward with a honest answer . I personal feel embrassed as linnets fan with the stat things are over this pre-season. I would personal send a team of any kind to give lads experenice from reserves and youth teams but not the case . I think the idea is good what the club is tonight but i would still play game on saturday as goodwill to chorley.

my thoughts

daz

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 29th, 2010, 12:00 pm #10

If you sent a kids / reserves side out against Chorley with no prior experience of this level then it would only cause issues. There is nothing to gain from lads who had not played or have been seen by the 1st team. The lads will benefit more from agame in house against each other, comfortable, able to express themselves with no fear or nerves. As a young lad I know I would have benefited more from that rather than playing a decent Unibond side in my first game in the seniors.

Confirmation of reply: