Untitled

Untitled

Dacorn
Dacorn

September 26th, 2004, 10:59 am #1

Look at Alfreton's attendance on Friday night against us 446, I can remember not long ago Alfreton would be lucky if they got 100 through the turnstyle.

This improvement in attendances is down to a couple of things 1) They have a proper board of Directors, 2) They have a knowledgeable Manager, 3) They have a good team that provides entertainment and win games.

This is what I have been saying for a long time put the "Right" team on the field, appoint the "Right Manager", Getting a New Chairman and board of Directors are all essential ingredients that are required for this club to be regenerated.

You can tell by the lack of Posts on this site that support is waning fast, I have supported Runcorn home and away for years but even I am getting to the point where I say to myself why should I bother to keep supporting Runcorn, when the Doc is so ignorant to the supporters and their opinions.

We must be the butt of jokes to other clubs and their supporters.

I know this point has been posted before but even I feel that the Doc is the one that keeps potential new investement at arms length why??

For God's sake we have to do something urgently even our attendances are starting to plummet, wake up Doc have the guts to believe in the team and do something now.

I was one of those who objected to moving to the Halton Stadium, I was at the meeting at the Linnets Social Club when Tony McDermott attended when suppoerters voiced their disapproval about moving, and one point raised by Tony McDermott was why hasn't anyone aksed if a note could be inserted in all of the Halton councils employee's payslips asking for support at Runcorns home games at Canal Street as was done for the Vikings, with this Headly Edwards stood up and said to Tony McDermott " I wrote to you asking if you could do exactly this for Runcorn and you never replied" From that point on I have never trusted a single word that the Council have said with regards to Runcorn Football Club.

We have all got to get together and put pressure on the Doc to either do something positive or go and leave us to either die or prosper under new investment and ideas. I know he has put his money in over the recent years but why?? what was his reasons?? does he even like football as I have never seen him smile, rant, or cheer the team on.

Gee whiz why have we got into this position.

I cannot see any hope at all with the weak structure we have at the club at present, getting decidely brassed off.

Regards

Dacorn

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 26th, 2004, 2:57 pm #2

you missed one relevant to many Runcorn fans,4. i don't want/can't be arsed to travel to widnes.

visitor
visitor

September 26th, 2004, 3:34 pm #3

..so why be so bothered ?

Excuses like poor promotion of the club by the council or anyone else conveniently ignores the fact that most Runcorn people don't support Runcorn FC anymore and prefer to watch footie on the telly and spend any ticket money on beer.

Face it the team is c... and the Vikings have a board which is riddled by people many supporters can't stand as well.

The answer is simple, drop a league or two and go home to Runcorn and rebuild. It may take years but at least the clubs spirit would return. There are pub team in Widnes with more supporters than Runcorn currently has.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 26th, 2004, 7:18 pm #4

which pub

Mr Stenhills Crescent.
Mr Stenhills Crescent.

September 27th, 2004, 5:33 pm #5

..so why be so bothered ?

Excuses like poor promotion of the club by the council or anyone else conveniently ignores the fact that most Runcorn people don't support Runcorn FC anymore and prefer to watch footie on the telly and spend any ticket money on beer.

Face it the team is c... and the Vikings have a board which is riddled by people many supporters can't stand as well.

The answer is simple, drop a league or two and go home to Runcorn and rebuild. It may take years but at least the clubs spirit would return. There are pub team in Widnes with more supporters than Runcorn currently has.
>>There are pub team in Widnes with more supporters than Runcorn currently has.<<

Sorry, but no there aren't. Last Saturday Simms Cross played The Ball. There were about 300 people watching that game and nobody watching the pub football on the next pitch except the managers and physios.
It would not be a good idea for Runcorn to drop. In fact it's a stupid idea and not one that would get more suppoters at all.

Visitor
Visitor

September 27th, 2004, 10:28 pm #6

...I didn't specify the code or game !

If you look around as you obviously do, then how many have started to watch the Widnes challenge cup and how many will watch that as each year passes ? It is not about point scoring, it is about where development is taking place. There are no open age feeder systems being developed in Runcorn by the old men who run the Runcorn FA or the multiple junior teams that have nowhere to go. Thus ultimately no feeder system for Runcorn FC.

The rate that it is going, sentiment and ignorance will see Runcorn FC heading toward the same fate as Widnes Vikings ? Live off past success (in thier case decades old) with no clear financial support and assume any young players will flock to the town team rather than lower their income by playing for a club that wins and has the money to buy the family and player concerned ? If Widnes had dropped this year, what future for youth development ? Runcorn FC are not that different.

Rugby League buys Aussie coaches who know where to find players. Premiership clubs buy foreign coaches who know where to find players. (both knowing where to find them cheaper and develop them against financially stronger opponents- Arsenal/Liverpool) Where is a coach in amauter league footie who can buy players and bring them in where a)shop owners haven't a clue to find them or b)similar efforts like Watson, et al ?

FACT - Within 5 years open age football in Runcorn will be dead. You have 2 teams left and they are at war with one another. Sad.

Confirmation of reply: