Town Promotion Watch

Town Promotion Watch

Promotion Watch
Promotion Watch

February 16th, 2011, 8:50 am #1

2 points clear in 2nd place still with a game in hand on others with AFC Blackpool to beat Chadderton on Saturday so a result v Oldham Boro will put Town in a strong position with half the league games to go

February 16th, 2011, 9:57 am #2

Bit early for a silly thread such as this.
Far to many games left to play.
Lets just hope that the 3 point deduction doesnt cost them.

oddball
oddball

February 16th, 2011, 10:55 am #3

relegation watch starts hear runcorn linnets lets just hold our breath and see what happens.

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 16th, 2011, 12:41 pm #4

2 points clear in 2nd place still with a game in hand on others with AFC Blackpool to beat Chadderton on Saturday so a result v Oldham Boro will put Town in a strong position with half the league games to go
linnets wont get relegated it is then that the big games begin in runcorn who will get to the next level the quickest

eric
eric

February 16th, 2011, 4:31 pm #5

3 points deducted is a good point
I follow the Vodkat, have done for years
I know of 4 clubs doing the same this season
but no points have been deducted
WHY ?

DAC
DAC

February 16th, 2011, 8:44 pm #6

Oddball- Linnets will not be relegated. They probably already have enough points now as I can't see Formby , Rossendale or Ashton getting past 27 points on current form. Sorry to disapoint but no relegation watch needed

Good Luck to Town. Probably playing for second behind AFC Blackpool but both teams being in the same league will certainly add some spice to next season!!

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 17th, 2011, 5:53 pm #7

its not rocket science, you saying people are that thick in Runcorn?

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 17th, 2011, 5:55 pm #8

relegation watch starts hear runcorn linnets lets just hold our breath and see what happens.
if you hold your breath that long you know what that will lead to... dream on in hope that linnets will go down, dont think so.

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 17th, 2011, 6:00 pm #9

linnets wont get relegated it is then that the big games begin in runcorn who will get to the next level the quickest
IF town go up they will soon be brought down to earth as there is a big difference from league 1 and the prem, eventhough certain town fans wont/dont think there is. bring them on and their 30 fans.

Probable board member
Probable board member

February 18th, 2011, 2:02 pm #10

Hmmmmm brought down to earth?? I wouldn't say that Town are expecting to win the Prem when they get there, and they are under no illusions that it will be a step up, but I think when Town get there they will hold their own with their current squad based upon their results and performances this season.

Town have played 5 matches against prem sides this season and not lost yet.

Winsford(x2) both draws (friendly)
Colne draw (Firendly)
Atherton LR won
Congleton won

compare to Linnets

Winsford(x2) won/lost
colne draw
Atherton LR won
congleton Lost

Dont take the above as this meaning Town are better than Linnets as I am fully aware friendlies are a different proposition to a competative game however thats all there is to compare and it looks like they would do ok should they be promoted. The only way to truly know is when they play eachother, hopefully next season.

Maybe some people are underestimating Town and the First Division? And maybe some of the bigot's on here should actually have a look at the team they so quickly judge.

Just a Thought......

Confirmation of reply: