Town anounce shirt sponsors

Town anounce shirt sponsors

Runcorn Town - The Town of Runcorns Team
Runcorn Town - The Town of Runcorns Team

July 19th, 2010, 11:21 am #1

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 19th, 2010, 8:47 pm #2

unbloodybelievable, the silence from tufty is amazing.

Let me cast your minds back to when Runcorn linnets got 'The waterloo' as shirt sponser, the moaning on here was unreal, same when Warrington trophy world stepped in as well...(small mided club etc etc..)

Now Runcorn town have just heralded their shirt sponsers, lo and behold one of them is 'Wash 4 You'...a bloody car wash company, what next 'Aladdins'...cos its the food of choice for the Old Town, Runcorn peoples team.

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 19th, 2010, 9:54 pm #3

There is a difference though which may be crucial one. If you remember ANY of the 100 club members could become shirt sponsors everyone had an equal chance in a draw. So it was just as likely to be "Festival Way Chippy" as it was "IBM". Runcorn Linnets choose the Waterloo and Trophy World because presumably they were offering the best deal at the time. I think therefore if you criticise Runcorn Town for anything it's the lottery that they might end up with "Festival Way Chippy" on their shirts. I think when Martin's counting the £250 a time sponsorship cheques he'll not be too bothered. If anything the idea was innovative and involves numerous local (and not so local) businesses.

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 19th, 2010, 10:28 pm #4

did they manage to get all 100 sponsers, i heard they were really struggling

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 19th, 2010, 10:37 pm #5

in fact looking at Towns website they managed to get 19 sponsers and have had to change the name from'100 club' toExecutive club.

Good idea in principle but obviously shows how difficult it is to get sponsership and funding, hence why the funding and sponsership the Linnets got was very very impressive.

FALLON
FALLON

July 20th, 2010, 12:06 am #6

In answer to your questions, no we didnt manage to get 100 sponsers, but in the current economic climate, we never expected to.

We ended up with 20 in total, and the vast majority of them are new sponsors to the club which was one of the main ideas of it really. We now have a core of sponsors who we will look after well over the next two years. If you do the maths, you have to ask whether we would have got a comparable amount from one sponsor? If not, it was worth doing what we did.

Remember at the end of the day we are developing as a club and are playing at the highest level we have ever played at in the Vodkat League this season, and we are moving in the right direction. In two seasons time (as the sponsors is a two year deal), hopefully we will have moved up yet again, and if we do a similar sponsorship package, we will hopefully sell 40/50.

The deal Linnets got with Millbank is a lot bigger financially, but as well as the shirt sponsorship, they also got the Stadium Naming Rights. This is worth a lot more to them. One possible problem with that is that in three years time, should Millbank not renew (and I think they will by the way), then people will still know it as the MLS, similar to the problem that HBC had with the Stadium in Widnes as it was known as the Autoquest for years after their deal had finished.

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 20th, 2010, 10:32 am #7

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 20th, 2010, 10:44 am #8

Home kit is the same as West hams away kit from last year, nice simple and good quality. Much prefer it to the linnets kit.

urkey
urkey

July 20th, 2010, 10:49 am #9

Trying to keep this thread reasonable, without it becomming a free for all, which is what the opening post(er) was probably hoping to achieve.
My initial thoughts on Towns 100 club were that it is an excellent idea, and oppotunity for Town to generate some cash into there coffers for the season. I still think its a good idea, however, the one flaw I can see is that most of the sponsorship oppotunitys have gone, or been commited, to for the next 2 seasons. The match sponsorship packages have gone for this season for example, shirt sponsorship for the next 2 seasons website and programme adverts gone.
It doesnt matter who the sponsors of the shirts are, because to get any money comming in from any companies in the current economic climate takes a lot of hard work, so to have 20 companies comming on board at £250 a go is excellent, but that money has to be spread over 2 seasons.
Good luck for the season, and nice shirts btw!

me again
me again

July 20th, 2010, 10:55 am #10

Like the home shirt, not sure on the away one. bit plain.

Confirmation of reply: