Tomorrow Night At The Waterloo - Let's Be Open With The Fan Base

Tomorrow Night At The Waterloo - Let's Be Open With The Fan Base

June 22nd, 2009, 3:08 pm #1

First of all, I pray but then again remember who we are dealing with that the Meeting is not going to be aired in the Public Bar like the Meet The Manager Evening I attended, pathetic, tomorrow night should be in a function room, I await to hear where it was held

I know that people who read here will be attending tomorrow night at the Waterloo, Board Members and Fans, Unfortunately I am away in Southampton from tomorrow so will be unable to make it, I would appreciate it in my absence if a fan could ask the following or Board Members who read DYPAM address the following questions.

Look there is no use tomorrow night in asking about the college or other sites, it is quite clear that the Board cannot go it alone without the Council because they have failed to get investment anywhere else, so its Halton Sports, End Of No Debate, Move On..............

However I would love to have answers to the following:

1. Will we have a clubhouse on the site?, If Not Why Not? If Yes Is Thwaites Still Involved?
2. If the answer is negative in either response then why does Thwaites £40k pledge still show?
3. What exactly is the Councils involvement other then the £100,000.
4. Who maintains the Car Park, Access Roads, Security Of The Ground?
5. Do you expect to use the Changing Rooms On Site or build new?
6. Do you intend on using the floodlights on site or build new?
7. Do you envisage any partnership with the Halton Arms, have they been approached?
8. Any Partnership with Bus Companys to get fans from the Old Town to the new site?
9. Will the Buy A Brick Schemes etc still be honoured?
10 Alternatively will you give people their money back who want it due to the site change?

Please for once give fans the answers they crave be they good bad or indifferent, relay to them everything that has gone on at the meetings and for gods sake from here on in make a commitment to the Trust that they will be involved at every process from this day forward.otherwise whats the point?

Bob
Bob

June 22nd, 2009, 3:54 pm #2

If you would like the above questions addressed, then submit them via the Contact Us page on the official site.

Cheers

Bob

Tufty
Tufty

June 22nd, 2009, 3:55 pm #3

First of all, I pray but then again remember who we are dealing with that the Meeting is not going to be aired in the Public Bar like the Meet The Manager Evening I attended, pathetic, tomorrow night should be in a function room, I await to hear where it was held

I know that people who read here will be attending tomorrow night at the Waterloo, Board Members and Fans, Unfortunately I am away in Southampton from tomorrow so will be unable to make it, I would appreciate it in my absence if a fan could ask the following or Board Members who read DYPAM address the following questions.

Look there is no use tomorrow night in asking about the college or other sites, it is quite clear that the Board cannot go it alone without the Council because they have failed to get investment anywhere else, so its Halton Sports, End Of No Debate, Move On..............

However I would love to have answers to the following:

1. Will we have a clubhouse on the site?, If Not Why Not? If Yes Is Thwaites Still Involved?
2. If the answer is negative in either response then why does Thwaites £40k pledge still show?
3. What exactly is the Councils involvement other then the £100,000.
4. Who maintains the Car Park, Access Roads, Security Of The Ground?
5. Do you expect to use the Changing Rooms On Site or build new?
6. Do you intend on using the floodlights on site or build new?
7. Do you envisage any partnership with the Halton Arms, have they been approached?
8. Any Partnership with Bus Companys to get fans from the Old Town to the new site?
9. Will the Buy A Brick Schemes etc still be honoured?
10 Alternatively will you give people their money back who want it due to the site change?

Please for once give fans the answers they crave be they good bad or indifferent, relay to them everything that has gone on at the meetings and for gods sake from here on in make a commitment to the Trust that they will be involved at every process from this day forward.otherwise whats the point?

There is a degree of concern involved with the partnership with the council.
This is the same council and in whole, the same board of councillors that refused to help the club out in any manner at Canal Street.
Anyone who attended the Runcorn FIRST meetings at The Linnets would have heard some of the rubbish that Councillor McDermott came out with that night.
At the tome DYPAM wore to every councillor in Halton, yet only one decent response came forward, Councillor Arthir Coles response was one word "Cretins", thats what he felt about the club.
This is the same Council that had a desire for Runcorn FC to be playing at the community stadium in Widnes, in order to help them have a wider access to community funding.
This is a council who leant on the club to incoporate the Halton name into the clubs title.

Suddenly the council now want to get involved.
No coincidence that they are faced with a site that has seen tennats leave and is struggling to sell pitches for use by local Sunday League teams.
The social club itself is half derelict, the all weather facility is dangerous and in need of vast repair, so much so, I wouldnt even imagine when it was last hired out, given the competition from nearby Brookvale Rec.
The bowling green on the site has been left to ruin and the changing rooms are not the nicest.

Conviniently, for the su of £100,000 the council can now renovate a run down site and afford to maintain it, as a result of handing over the land for development to Runcorn FC.
The council know that Runcorn FC can renovate this site for them, as they have access to funsing from the likes of the Sports Council and the FA, as well as people who will maintain the site for them free of charge.

The concern and worry is, what happens when the Linnets access to funding has run out, how easy would it be for the council to evict the club?

What is the possibility of further funding from the council?
£100,000 is a very small figure for them to invest and compared to the millions spent on The Halton Stadium its a very small percentage.

What guarantees and security has the council given to the club?

If a new motorway exit is built at Murder-shaw rounderbout, what impact could this have on this site? It could open up the possibility of the land being sold for a business park or some of the land being sold to build access roads.

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

June 22nd, 2009, 4:28 pm #4

Why hold a meeting at The Waterloo, when the club is discussing a potential move to Halton Sports? Wouldnt it be better to hold a meeting at Halton Sports, so that people get a chance to view the site and see the facilities.
Once the clubs playing at Halton Sports, the Waterloo will be kicked into touch anyway.
Holding a meeting at Halton Sports, might increase awareness of the site and get a few more local people involved or regular users of the Halton Sports facilities.
I bet the majority of fans have never set foot on Halton Sports and I would also bet that a large number of board members have never visited the site.

So my question is - Will there be a public meeting at Halton Sports?

Furthermore, will the open trials be held at Halton Sports?

Daz law
Daz law

June 22nd, 2009, 4:28 pm #5

There is a degree of concern involved with the partnership with the council.
This is the same council and in whole, the same board of councillors that refused to help the club out in any manner at Canal Street.
Anyone who attended the Runcorn FIRST meetings at The Linnets would have heard some of the rubbish that Councillor McDermott came out with that night.
At the tome DYPAM wore to every councillor in Halton, yet only one decent response came forward, Councillor Arthir Coles response was one word "Cretins", thats what he felt about the club.
This is the same Council that had a desire for Runcorn FC to be playing at the community stadium in Widnes, in order to help them have a wider access to community funding.
This is a council who leant on the club to incoporate the Halton name into the clubs title.

Suddenly the council now want to get involved.
No coincidence that they are faced with a site that has seen tennats leave and is struggling to sell pitches for use by local Sunday League teams.
The social club itself is half derelict, the all weather facility is dangerous and in need of vast repair, so much so, I wouldnt even imagine when it was last hired out, given the competition from nearby Brookvale Rec.
The bowling green on the site has been left to ruin and the changing rooms are not the nicest.

Conviniently, for the su of £100,000 the council can now renovate a run down site and afford to maintain it, as a result of handing over the land for development to Runcorn FC.
The council know that Runcorn FC can renovate this site for them, as they have access to funsing from the likes of the Sports Council and the FA, as well as people who will maintain the site for them free of charge.

The concern and worry is, what happens when the Linnets access to funding has run out, how easy would it be for the council to evict the club?

What is the possibility of further funding from the council?
£100,000 is a very small figure for them to invest and compared to the millions spent on The Halton Stadium its a very small percentage.

What guarantees and security has the council given to the club?

If a new motorway exit is built at Murder-shaw rounderbout, what impact could this have on this site? It could open up the possibility of the land being sold for a business park or some of the land being sold to build access roads.
tufty

stop moaning will ya , you your that bothered about all this join the trust and have ur say and get involved more. instead havinv it on here

Tufty
Tufty

June 22nd, 2009, 5:57 pm #6

Well argued valid points, the meeting will be a brainwave with your intellectual input.
As for moaning, is this the same Daz Law who does nothing but slag off the club and the council etc when you speak to him on the phone?

Whilst is great news that the club is coming back to Runcorn, its now getting into bed with a council who has screwed the club over in the past. But hey, lets forget their past actions and words as they are handing over a pittance sum of £100,000 in return for development of their site. So you can expect sections of the support to have concerns over the councils motives and input and you can expect sections of the support to want to know more details on their involvement and what the deal entails.
But dont Daz, tell me, you'd become a Liverpool fan if they offered you a free kit for your supporters team!!!

Daz law
Daz law

June 22nd, 2009, 6:11 pm #7

Tufty

when you ring ya did i slag of the board , No i didnt ,when you ring for information I stated i didnt know and we wouldnt get that info , Regarding the supporters team . i have always supported the corn always stood by them . Only thing i did slag the board was for the lack info about the halton arms to ya but also stated to ya that i was bothered where we as long we come home. Tufty You need to seriesly grow up and get life instead hiding behind a pc and open your gob in public.

Visitor
Visitor

June 22nd, 2009, 6:13 pm #8

tufty

stop moaning will ya , you your that bothered about all this join the trust and have ur say and get involved more. instead havinv it on here
So the council didn't support the club to the degree people wanted in the past.
Some of the councillors have gone that used to be in the council then, including
ex-councillor Cole.

Surely if the council are helping, they should be given the benefit of the doubt,
or is Tufty suggesting the club refuses to accept help from the council having asked
for it in the first place ?

A few other facts that Tufty isn't perhaps aware of;

The council doesn't have problems letting pitches, talk to anyone who books pitches
each year. The complaint in recent years has been that too many junior clubs of private
clubs are now descending on council pitches for nothing and disadvantaging open age
pitch hires, which bring in a lot more money than free junior pitch use.

All junior clubs were granted free pitch hire after the rugby and football clubs asked
the council for it. The council then passed it from funding they would otherwise spend
on other things. The Linnets would look daft raising that one as a cyncical view
of the council.

Ask the Halton junior football league or Runcorn FA for confirmation of above.
The council also still includes the cost of such fees in its list of fees and charges
as that's how it works out the bill each year. Start carping about that with the council
and every junior football, rugby or other pitch sport won't thank you, if it becomes
an issue as a result.

Likewise, the council didn't access a penny for development at the stadium from the
club playing there. A simple way of clearing that up is for Tufty to name all these
monies the council accessed that he is claiming ?

I'm happy that the council is talking to the club and appears to have backed something
which means the team is returning to the town and I'll wait and see what else in the
meantime. Maybe Tufty could try that approach or is it easier to sit at a keyboard
and whine all the time ?

Tufty
Tufty

June 22nd, 2009, 6:33 pm #9

So you will find a lot of people look at the past.
McDermott is one of the key people involved on the council, yet he had no time for the club when it needed a bit of support.
Yes that is in the past, but it was a key time that has lead to where the club is now.
Is it to much to ask with regards to clarity on the deal or are you just happy that there will be a ground, you dont care for the details of a deal?
Surely you want whats best for the club and for all factors to be out in the open?
This isnt just about building a ground, its about the long term future of the club and the future of football in the town at a decent level.

With regards to monies raised from the hire of pitches, doesnt what you say point to that? Free use for kids yes, but open age football has seen a drop in the numbers of teams over recent years. The Runcorn Sunday league at one time had 3 or 4 divisions, with an average of 12 teams in each, it now stuggles to have two divisions of 10 teams. That would have brought a lot less revenue than in the past, perhaps one of the reasons why the pitches in Halton get a lot less groundwork and attention throughout the season than other councils give.

Try and take some of the positives out of my posts, suggestions for fundraising etc, rather than focusing on the points you consider to be negative. Perhaps being attached from attending games allows me to view things a bit different, rather than simply accepting anything on offer as its perceived to be the best option. (And i dont mean the choice of ground).
I want Runcorn to be playing in Runcorn and thats one of the reasons I post on here, the reason I attended meetings when the club was formed and the reason I went to fundrasing meetings.

Ps - Why dont ypu put your real name or a known name to your posts, it would gain you a lot more credibility.

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh
I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

June 22nd, 2009, 9:28 pm #10

Given that the Runcorn FA has a stake in the main pitch at Pavillions and own the floodlights, how does the club propose to stage local junior and Sunday league finals which are goverened by The Runcorn FA?

Confirmation of reply: