Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

November 23rd, 2009, 5:35 pm #1

Packages cut by 50%
Not looking very promising is it.

Theo
Theo

November 23rd, 2009, 6:59 pm #2

This board would struggle to sell sand to the arabs.

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 23rd, 2009, 7:40 pm #3

Seems costs have been reduced to compete with Runcorn Towns increased sponsorship deals.

Cowboy
Cowboy

November 23rd, 2009, 8:09 pm #4

Packages cut by 50%
As usual they are reacting to situations not driving their own agenda. As usual it is a half arsed gesture why not go for it...CUT EVERY package not just one. Where is the value in the package they are offering to ANYBODY but a fan? Name on the tannoy to 100 people who turn up every week. I just cannot see local businessmen going for it. Why would they? Cynically, I'd suggest this move will fleece the same old people and may have been packaged as such to do just that. You get to have a prok pie with the bored (sic) at half time though. This is just tinkering around the edges. Sorry, just not good enough.

The crux of the reasons why many of us no longer attend.

Not a bored member just bored with cowboy
Not a bored member just bored with cowboy

November 23rd, 2009, 8:39 pm #5

comeon then big shot...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us all how the club should be marketed, what packages should they be selling,if you have all the answers then tell people ....or do you know fook all like everyone else on here who feels its ok to slag the board off but does fook all themselves in order to make the club better...

probably be met with some response like "i dont have to anything cos im a director of 2 companies blah blah blah" or met with aresponse of " the baseball ground can do it" by some idiot Gregor

waste of space the lot of use...put up or shut up....

bored with not board members
bored with not board members

November 23rd, 2009, 8:57 pm #6

So upset your spelling has gone all wonky, bit like someone's van.

Maybe Cowboy and others won't get involved cos of the clowns who are on board
Remember the nonsense with the free season tickets for U16s
Why would anyone want to battle with retarded attitudes like that?

WPBA
WPBA

November 23rd, 2009, 9:04 pm #7

comeon then big shot...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us all how the club should be marketed, what packages should they be selling,if you have all the answers then tell people ....or do you know fook all like everyone else on here who feels its ok to slag the board off but does fook all themselves in order to make the club better...

probably be met with some response like "i dont have to anything cos im a director of 2 companies blah blah blah" or met with aresponse of " the baseball ground can do it" by some idiot Gregor

waste of space the lot of use...put up or shut up....
Cowboy has it spot on, its not a case of dropping prices to entice local businesses, its a case of making the price reasonable to attract sponsorship from the usual suspects amongst the fanbase.
The Betleys, The Johnsons, Adam Grave, The Scowcrofts, Mike Goodier, John Greenhlagh, et al, will now come forward handing over £50 to make a grand gesture and to get the chance to ponce about in a suit in the boardroom.
The same people once again giving over the money. Why pay £5 on the gate, when they will hand over £50 and become a sponsor. The club may as well increase admission even further.
As with the shirt sponsorship, this should have been sold months back.
Most clubs sell all the seasons hospitality in the summer, with firms on standby for any home cup game. Most sell matchday sponsors and matchball sponsors for every single game.
The commercial and marketing of the club is a huge failure and its something which should be driving the club forward.
The way things are going, I give the club 2 years before it folds and I bet the council can see that as well, by which time the council will be left with a newly developed sporting complex, all for the outlay of £100,000 and still have a Town team playing at the same level of football within the town, a Town team who arent on the scrounge for handouts, its a double bonus for them.

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 23rd, 2009, 9:05 pm #8

So upset your spelling has gone all wonky, bit like someone's van.

Maybe Cowboy and others won't get involved cos of the clowns who are on board
Remember the nonsense with the free season tickets for U16s
Why would anyone want to battle with retarded attitudes like that?
thats a cop out!

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 23rd, 2009, 9:07 pm #9

Cowboy has it spot on, its not a case of dropping prices to entice local businesses, its a case of making the price reasonable to attract sponsorship from the usual suspects amongst the fanbase.
The Betleys, The Johnsons, Adam Grave, The Scowcrofts, Mike Goodier, John Greenhlagh, et al, will now come forward handing over £50 to make a grand gesture and to get the chance to ponce about in a suit in the boardroom.
The same people once again giving over the money. Why pay £5 on the gate, when they will hand over £50 and become a sponsor. The club may as well increase admission even further.
As with the shirt sponsorship, this should have been sold months back.
Most clubs sell all the seasons hospitality in the summer, with firms on standby for any home cup game. Most sell matchday sponsors and matchball sponsors for every single game.
The commercial and marketing of the club is a huge failure and its something which should be driving the club forward.
The way things are going, I give the club 2 years before it folds and I bet the council can see that as well, by which time the council will be left with a newly developed sporting complex, all for the outlay of £100,000 and still have a Town team playing at the same level of football within the town, a Town team who arent on the scrounge for handouts, its a double bonus for them.
is that the same Town team who according to the Vodkat league website havent even applied to join yet!!!

Cowboy
Cowboy

November 23rd, 2009, 9:11 pm #10

Packages cut by 50%

It would seem the truth hurts our nameless, gutless internet warriors.

I offered to do a COMPLETE review of the whole club operation FREE of charge some two years ago. I suspected this would take c. 10 man days of effort which at market rates is somewhere in the region of £20k. The club believed they didn't need it.

I joined the Ground FSG and was appalled at the lack of appetite for the new ideas and woeful lack of vision. I gave up.

I was co-opted onto the board with business experience and was asked to...........

wait for it.......

collect the gate money. NOBODY had an idea once I was co-opted what they wanted me to do. NOBODY even asked me. It's a shambles guys.

DO NOT talk to me about put up or shut up. I offered some of the skills the board currently lacks. They were never even tapped. I am used to working in environments where things happen. The current board has potential but the WRONG people in positions of real influence. Paul, Bucko, Dave Rose have potential...Alan Jones is treated like a leper, Glyn should have had his knuckles rapped but retained (showing his PRIVATE email on the web was PITIFUL)

Rant over....but I feel better

Confirmation of reply: