mystery match ?

mystery match ?

steve p is top boy.
steve p is top boy.

July 29th, 2010, 12:10 am #1

excuse me but can anyone help me out here,whats this that i've heard about a match thats taking place tomorrow night at millbank.its the linnets versus the reserves.i'd love to see this match cause it would show whats what and who the good players who could step up into linnets squad.is it still a fiver to get in ? this is a match i'd love to see.be interesting.particularly with the linnets injury problems they got now.
thanks.

david dutton
david dutton

July 29th, 2010, 6:14 am #2

Rudderless ship more like, bad defeats in friendlies, allegedly the ice van locked in the confines of the ground, a turnstile allegedly left open, no linnets organised catering with all profits going to the club, as no volunteers coming forward. BUT what can you expect the trust members were only required to cough up money in previous seasons. if the same boring football is churned out this season, with loss followed by loss, there will not be many there on a wet cold night. five squid to watch also

this venture "Runcorn Linnets" was supposedly a vibrant new adventure a "Trust Based" club run by the fans for the fans BUT its not; its run by the few for the few, there are less trust members, there are several blocks of family votes that can sway ALL future elections. the trust secretary (do we have one)? should be making a positive drive to increase the trust membership, the trust membership should run the club and the elected trust board should be held accountable at all times. there has been over the period of the life of this new club several very embarrassing interludes for the club, no need to list them again, but no action has ever been taken by the board, WHY???? might we allege that the board is corrupt, or that's only interested in self preservation at all costs, heaven forbid

Runcorn Linnets should be a great experience it needs to be nutured and grown, step by step laying good firm foundations, we have a half decent ground, we need a decent team to play there, we need the MLS to be a fortress. We need players who really have a desire and heart to play for Runcorn Linnets, we need to maximise every income stream available to the club, there is a clubhouse that should be used several times per week for social fund raising activities, the catering at the ground needs to be run in house and make "Parry" work for his living, or franchise the catering out and get money into the club at the start of the season

The tote which has been neglected, handed from pillar to post has DECLINED greatly over the period of its life, the weekly prize money has tumbled. it was a nice little earner for the club, it also generated a decent weekly prize kitty. it obviously needs new agents, new selling outlets and possibly even sold at midweek and saturday matches

Probable board member
Probable board member

July 29th, 2010, 7:24 am #3

excuse me but can anyone help me out here,whats this that i've heard about a match thats taking place tomorrow night at millbank.its the linnets versus the reserves.i'd love to see this match cause it would show whats what and who the good players who could step up into linnets squad.is it still a fiver to get in ? this is a match i'd love to see.be interesting.particularly with the linnets injury problems they got now.
thanks.
It looks like a training match behind closed doors Bleasy not sure its open to the public.

steve p is top boy.
steve p is top boy.

July 29th, 2010, 7:41 am #4

you cant say that tutfy.cause officially it dont exist as a match.makes you think though why call chorley off if thats going to take place tonight ???

urkey
urkey

July 29th, 2010, 8:31 am #5

Rudderless ship more like, bad defeats in friendlies, allegedly the ice van locked in the confines of the ground, a turnstile allegedly left open, no linnets organised catering with all profits going to the club, as no volunteers coming forward. BUT what can you expect the trust members were only required to cough up money in previous seasons. if the same boring football is churned out this season, with loss followed by loss, there will not be many there on a wet cold night. five squid to watch also

this venture "Runcorn Linnets" was supposedly a vibrant new adventure a "Trust Based" club run by the fans for the fans BUT its not; its run by the few for the few, there are less trust members, there are several blocks of family votes that can sway ALL future elections. the trust secretary (do we have one)? should be making a positive drive to increase the trust membership, the trust membership should run the club and the elected trust board should be held accountable at all times. there has been over the period of the life of this new club several very embarrassing interludes for the club, no need to list them again, but no action has ever been taken by the board, WHY???? might we allege that the board is corrupt, or that's only interested in self preservation at all costs, heaven forbid

Runcorn Linnets should be a great experience it needs to be nutured and grown, step by step laying good firm foundations, we have a half decent ground, we need a decent team to play there, we need the MLS to be a fortress. We need players who really have a desire and heart to play for Runcorn Linnets, we need to maximise every income stream available to the club, there is a clubhouse that should be used several times per week for social fund raising activities, the catering at the ground needs to be run in house and make "Parry" work for his living, or franchise the catering out and get money into the club at the start of the season

The tote which has been neglected, handed from pillar to post has DECLINED greatly over the period of its life, the weekly prize money has tumbled. it was a nice little earner for the club, it also generated a decent weekly prize kitty. it obviously needs new agents, new selling outlets and possibly even sold at midweek and saturday matches
"The tote which has been neglected, handed from pillar to post has DECLINED greatly over the period of its life, the weekly prize money has tumbled. it was a nice little earner for the club, it also generated a decent weekly prize kitty. it obviously needs new agents, new selling outlets and possibly even sold at midweek and saturday matches obviously needs new agents, new selling outlets and possibly even sold at midweek and saturday matches"

I will respond to this as its author has been good enough (as usuall) to put his name to it.
Firstly I dont think the tote has been passed from pillar to post, Glyn looked after it when it was introduced, I took over when Glyn stepped down, the Scowy twins took over from me when I needed to step aside for health reasons, and now I look after it again.
Do we need more outlets? Yes. Do we need more agents? Yes. If you look on the official site I did put a message on there asking for peoples help/input etc, take a look at all the responses I got (it wont take you long to look through them all), as you know David, from your time on the board, people are quick to criticise and offer ideas, less quick if it involves comming forward and giving up any of there time to help out.
I do have an idea of increasing the sales at the current venues we have, but ultimately it depends on weather or not "Joe Public" parts with his hard earned £1 for it to prove fruitfull.
Your incorrect to say its been neglected, I give up a few hours twice a week for it to run, thats not neglecting it.
The prize pot has tumbled over the years, but people have dropped out for whatever reason? If you wish to sell tickets, again, Id be happy to collect, if not then why you are even bothering to criticise the tote and its decline? (you are part of its decline) as you cant be that bothered about it.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 29th, 2010, 6:55 pm #6

thanks.
Good response John, he, like many others, chooses just to critiscise the club since he didnt get anywhere near gaining a place on the board in the last elections.

Robert Mugabe
Robert Mugabe

July 29th, 2010, 7:25 pm #7

The last elections wouldn't have been out of place in Zimbabwe.
How's that investigation coming on?
Must be a lot of evidence as its taken 9 months so far.
Perhaps the person doing the investigating will get a life presidency award, afterall anyone can get them these days.

david dutton
david dutton

July 30th, 2010, 5:33 am #8

thank you Jon for your ironic response, I'm afraid i disagree with you for once......but that is what open debate is about differing views and differing recollections of events. I well remember your time on the board when you left monthly meetings frustrated and annoyed, then again one or two others did.

just because we have a new facility in runcorn it does not follow that everything in the garden is of a rose tinted view. there is always room for improvement......and there is most certainly room for improvement on the playing front

urkey
urkey

July 30th, 2010, 7:17 am #9

Nothing ironic about my post, there my views on the tote, being as I collect/run it I thought I had the right to reply.
Also my post is purely about the tote nothing about football or my time on the board.

runnerglyn
runnerglyn

July 30th, 2010, 7:47 am #10

thanks.
Stuck for a little something to do this Sunday, take a trip down to Pavilions for "The 1st Mark Gorry Foundation BIG BALL GAME family fun day, there will be loads to do for the kids with activities starting at 12 noon till 9pm, Wristbands for the kids are just £3, and they can play all day on the various FREE activities which will be pointed out by the rangers on duty throughout the day, if you would like details of why this event is taking place you can take a look at the Mark Gorry Foundation website,http://www.themarkgorryfoundation.co.uk/ everybody at the foundation would like to thank everyone for there assistance in getting this day organised and they hope this event will go from strength to strength and become an annual event in there fundraising calender.

FOOTBALL INFO FOR SUNDAYS EVENT.....

First games are 25 mins each way with a penalty shoot out to decide the winners if the scores are level.

12 noon Morrisons Widnes v Runcorn Town Youth (2005) "The Team Mark Gorry was a member of"

13.15pm (approx)O2 Rentention v 02 Business

14.30pm (approx) Kids Challenge MatchRuncorn Town FC Under 12's v St Michaels Ditton Hall under 12's

15.45 MGF Big Ball Shield Football Final (30 mins each way)

17.45pm-21.00pm Presentation, Fundraising & Disco in the Pavilions Clubhouse.

Confirmation of reply: