Mond

Mond

Scout
Scout

July 22nd, 2005, 6:08 pm #1

I watched mond play last night and this team will struggle in W.Cheshire 1.The team is sub standard and has a host of players who are not good enough and not fit enough.Mark my words bottom 3 finish for this team.Unless they bring any new players in I can not see this team taking of.You can make your mind up on the 4th August.

onlooker
onlooker

July 22nd, 2005, 8:41 pm #2

Fair comment although 'sub standard' may be a bit harsh. I would expect there would have been a few trialists thrown in plus a few on hols. The basics were there tho, kept ball well at times and regained possession quite well. But fair point, one or two old heads needed in there, they may struggle against some of the more experienced sides.

Another Onlooker
Another Onlooker

July 23rd, 2005, 9:40 am #3

For goodness sake. It was the teams first match of the pre-season! Surely all teams are a bit rusty after three months not playing? I thought that pre-season games are all about getting new and old players together and trying new things out. Performances will come in time, and I know that the results are the last thing to go by, but they did win 3-0 which is quite encouraging. Also notice that Martin Molyneux scored the first one and he was with RFCH last season (and should not have been let go in my book). They have a more friendlies today (Halebank) and next Saturday (PABLO), and performances should be better by the time they play RFCH (4th Aug) and Warrington Town (6th Aug).

Pete Smythe
Pete Smythe

July 23rd, 2005, 9:41 am #4

Fair comment although 'sub standard' may be a bit harsh. I would expect there would have been a few trialists thrown in plus a few on hols. The basics were there tho, kept ball well at times and regained possession quite well. But fair point, one or two old heads needed in there, they may struggle against some of the more experienced sides.
i wouldnt say lads were unfit , 90% of the squad have trained well and very hard , it was only the first pre season game , so its hardly anything to go by is it real

ned
ned

July 29th, 2005, 9:14 pm #5

I watched mond play last night and this team will struggle in W.Cheshire 1.The team is sub standard and has a host of players who are not good enough and not fit enough.Mark my words bottom 3 finish for this team.Unless they bring any new players in I can not see this team taking of.You can make your mind up on the 4th August.
1st.that was not the first 11 playing at helsby it was a mix of first and secound teamers 2nd.as 4 fitness you can do all the pre season training you want but you are only going to get match fit playing matches and that was are first 3rd.you said you are a scout what scout group do you run my little boy might be interested

s
s

July 30th, 2005, 10:20 pm #6

Mr scout, were u at daten today? What did you think? I may not have the technical knowledge that you are blessed with but I thought they were bloody great. Hope you did too.

wilo
wilo

July 31st, 2005, 6:14 pm #7

I got their late but what a quick game, so much local talent on show, well done mond and gary moore, why not sign your Robbie on, or get Chris Lightfoot again. I liked the warm up tops as well, many thanks to Tony Riley and Total Jetting Solutions.
Why not call the club 'TJS' Runcorn might not oppose that one.

Pete Smythe
Pete Smythe

July 31st, 2005, 6:31 pm #8

robbie is goin vics full time ive heard ,

jay
jay

August 3rd, 2005, 6:08 pm #9

1st.that was not the first 11 playing at helsby it was a mix of first and secound teamers 2nd.as 4 fitness you can do all the pre season training you want but you are only going to get match fit playing matches and that was are first 3rd.you said you are a scout what scout group do you run my little boy might be interested
very cheeky

Scout
Scout

August 3rd, 2005, 9:20 pm #10

I was not at Daten to watch your team win,The thing is that beating a warrington league side is hardly anything thing to boast about is it.I think I will form a even better opion after the the game with Runcorn.I think you will get stuffed.The scout will be there so watch space.

Confirmation of reply: