McGinn joins Scouseport

McGinn joins Scouseport

Dave
Dave

July 14th, 2005, 4:15 pm #1

will the last one to leave please turn off the lights..................sorry we dont own any lights do we, we dont own anything, well done Doc!

daz law
daz law

July 14th, 2005, 8:10 pm #2

more bad news 4 the club

Chris darlington
Chris darlington

July 27th, 2005, 7:32 pm #3

will the last one to leave please turn off the lights..................sorry we dont own any lights do we, we dont own anything, well done Doc!
Is it just me or have we been ripped off by Southport Fc.
Ive just seen how little money we got for four players last season
Steve daly went for 500 hundred pounds that wasn't enough to pay for his boot laces he was worth about four grand..
Leadbetter cost them 2000 pounds even he was worth at least 6000.
Chris price 3000 pounds I know we were on hard times but he was worth about 8000 pounds.
Domic morley free that was about the right price.
Then we let macmillain go for nothing.
And old youngy he was anything but young but scored goals.
We should of got about five thousand for him and ged the same .
no wonder Runcorn fc Halton are broke poeple are taking advanage of us because we don't have a real manger.

All the best Chris Darlington

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 28th, 2005, 6:19 pm #4

The players that you mentioned as going for free were non contract so we could not ask for a fee or stop them leaving if they wished too.

Chris Darlington
Chris Darlington

July 31st, 2005, 6:21 pm #5

are you telling me young and Macmillan were non contract why was this?.
Tony was a really good keeper but had a defence that changed all the time.
Like I said since 1920 the club has been selling players to keep going.
Maybe it costs a few bob to have players on contract but you can sell good players on for a few thousand even in the Unibond someone who has played a season or two is worth money three to six thousand.
Crainy was the biggest mistake we made I saw him play for the
reserves he is class and will make in in to the top league like Woan we missed out on about a hundred thousand pounds giving him away.
Marty mcginn will go on to the the top flight.
If we sold three players a season and brought young players up
threw the first team we wouldnt be in the mess we are now.
Why don;t we run a yts scheme to bring young players threw the goverment would pay the players wages or part of it.
I think Tommy Taylor could be sold on to a league club now crewe would be a good bet.
Its the only way forward pick them up young and sell them on. Ness is well worth about fifteen grand a good leftback is worth money.We need to market our players and not give anything away for free.
Lets stop people laughing at us as they are now.

C|hris Darlington
C|hris Darlington

August 8th, 2005, 7:56 pm #6

Matty has gone to southport on the 8th august today. I think for nothing again why can't we at least get a few bob for our good players
no wonder we are broke.

Confirmation of reply: