Manager contenders

Manager contenders

Trevor
Trevor

January 8th, 2008, 9:55 am #1

Despite the "claimed" large volume of applicants, does anyone still fell that this should be advertised more? I have seen very little in the Daily Post, Echo or Manchester Evening News or the Non League Paper.

daz law
daz law

January 8th, 2008, 10:32 am #2

this should be done of wider range in all local papers in the north west and that. you would never you would try apply for the job etc .

Alan Coleman Jnr
Alan Coleman Jnr

January 8th, 2008, 3:02 pm #3

Despite the "claimed" large volume of applicants, does anyone still fell that this should be advertised more? I have seen very little in the Daily Post, Echo or Manchester Evening News or the Non League Paper.
I would have thought the football grapevine would see that any interested party knew about the role. It's surprising how effective word of mouth can be.

Advertising in the Manchester Evening News/Liverpool Echo etc is expensive and I'm not sure you would get any payback from it. Do you honestly think budding pyramid football managers scour the local paper for jobs ?

Tufty
Tufty

January 8th, 2008, 4:02 pm #4

Those asking the questions and conducting the interviews.

Alan Coleman Jnr
Alan Coleman Jnr

January 8th, 2008, 4:29 pm #5

Andy (Tufty sounds stupid),

Despite what many others have said on the official site you do raise some valid points and sometimes act as an effective devil's advocate for ideas and thoughts.

However, recently you've been taking this a bit too far (especially since then ban) and have been posting a few childish and personal insults to various people and this detracts from the many valid points and questions you raise.

Instead of chirping away with childish remarks why not react in a positive way by raising some money through alternative means and donating it to the club.

What a way to prove people wrong that would be ?

Dave G
Dave G

January 8th, 2008, 5:02 pm #6

I sort of agree with you Tufty.
Afterall, they havent had to interview anyone before, most of them dont conduct interviews as part of their daily job and most of them have little football knowledge apart from blinded biased support for Runcorn.

I would involve Alan Jones in the interviews.
I would also seek the possibility of Wittons chairman being part of the interview panel and use his experience in such matters.
perhaps even invite the club captian to be part of this process.

All avenues, from players to training, to matchday routines need exploring.
What backroom staff would they want to bring in with them?

Remember, the aim of this manager is to get the club promoted next season, otherwise, you may as well have stuck with Steve Carragher.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 8th, 2008, 8:27 pm #7

Thought you'd done a bunk coey.

Alan Coleman Snr
Alan Coleman Snr

January 9th, 2008, 9:06 am #8

Or else I'll get my darts out at 4 across and drive everybody mad with erratic scoring before ending up on double 1.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 10th, 2008, 1:32 pm #9

Board members Dave Dutton, Rob Johnston, John Urquhart and Tony Waddington are conducting the interviews with support from press officer Steve Pritchard.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 10th, 2008, 7:35 pm #10

Or else I'll get my darts out at 4 across and drive everybody mad with erratic scoring before ending up on double 1.
Got some rendering needs doing you still plastering al?

Confirmation of reply: